Ian Lay
United States
Chapel Hill
North Carolina
flag msg tools
If you had two choose two of these three which ones would you get and why?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Hickle
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
This space for rent.
mbmbmbmbmb
Haven't played Dream Factory, but Zooloretto and Jamaica are both excellent family games. With Zooloretto, you get a clever set collection game using cute animals, while Jamaica is a tactical pirate racing game where you are trying to collect the most treasure. Of those two, I prefer Jamaica (mostly because I prefer Coloretto to Zooloretto - the scoring doesn't seem as convoluted), but either would be a fine choice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jamaica + Dream Factory. Because those are interesting games with long-term replayability. Zooloretto is too simple. And yeah, just get Coloretto and call the *loretto franchise done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clem Fandango
New Zealand
WELLINGTON
flag msg tools
Stephen, it's Clem Fandango. Can you hear me?
badge
YES I can hear you Clem Fandango!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've owned all 3 but don't have Zooloretto anymore.

Of them my favourite is Hollywood Blockbuster (the infinitely better name for Dream Factory, but I believe had legal issues, so it reverted to the German name)

I didn't like Zooloretto and sold it BUT it's a much better game than Jamaica- which I'm tiring of.

So my suggestion is look at who is playing. Girls tend to like Zooloretto, and boys Jamaica. The easiest is Jamaica, and the hardest Zooloretto (marginally).

Age may be an issue, as can be academic ability.

My suggestion: match the themes to who is going to play; movies, pirates, or animals.

If I had none and was buying two I'd probably not get Jamaica again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Larsen
United States
Salt Lake City
UT
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played Jamaica and Zooloretto and I would tell you to get Jamaica. Don't bother with Zooloretto.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Wilkinson
United States
New Castle
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
When asking "What would Jesus do?", remember that flipping over tables and using a whip are within the realm of possibilities.
mbmbmbmbmb
curtc wrote:
Jamaica + Dream Factory. Because those are interesting games with long-term replayability. Zooloretto is too simple. And yeah, just get Coloretto and call the *loretto franchise done.

Exactly what he said.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played Jamaica and am not very fond of Zooloretto (eventually sold it), but make sure to get Dream Factory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.