Subject: The kitchen counter, roaches and miss Maggies broom rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Odd-Gunnar Wikmark
Norway
Kvaloysletta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
When in the kitchen in Flight to Barksburg, sometimes when you kill a roach Mz. Maggie whacks you upside the head and the roach goes to the countertop. So the question is : Is the roach dead and a new spawns on the countertop or is the roach you attacked saved and wacked onto the counter by the broom? We played it like the roach is not dead and "saved" by the broom, but I am not sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Marley
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You played it correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kelly
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
Allow me to introduce myself. I am Hexachlorophene J. Goodfortune, Kidnapper-At-Large, and Devourer of Tortoises par Excellence, at your service.
badge
If you can read this, then this sentence is false.
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there an official ruling on that somewhere? Otherwise, I think it should be considered a new roach; why would Maggie be swatting roaches onto the countertop? I think the reason for respawning them is just so that you can't kill all the roaches and complete the encounter before succeeding in getting Maggie's attention.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Odd-Gunnar Wikmark
Norway
Kvaloysletta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Peristarkawan wrote:
Is there an official ruling on that somewhere? Otherwise, I think it should be considered a new roach; why would Maggie be swatting roaches onto the countertop? I think the reason for respawning them is just so that you can't kill all the roaches and complete the encounter before succeeding in getting Maggie's attention.

That actually makes a lot of sense, particular since I found this http://www.plaidhatgames.com/sum_forums/showthread.php?2099-... where Jerry (the game designer) says that the roach is counted as a kill towards the achievement! So re-spawn it is then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.