Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark McG
Australia
Penshurst
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Given the dearth of scenarios for the base game, I have a vision of Call to Arms cards for this game, with initially 12 or so setup cards, and each player randomly gets 3-4 cards, and then deploys 3 each to form the setup map. The 4th might be used as a Reserve (deploy 2 units to the Base Line)

Each card would have
1. 2-3 units in a neutral shade (like gray)
2. Terrain setup
3. A River setup that was optional, and conditional upon reaching the map edge through a continuous path.
4. A Command card allocation per card (1-2 Command Cards)
5. A Dragon card allocation (0-2 cards)
6. A Honor & Fortune token allocation (1-4 H&F tokens)

On the whole, more units on the card gets a higher Command, whilst fewer units would get more Dragon cards and H&F tokens. These would cumulate to result in the starting hand. So 3 deployment cards with Command allocations of 2, 2 & 1 gets a total Command of 5. Similarly Dragon allocations of 1,0 and 2 would start with 3 Dragon cards.

Aside from the vision, I have not enough energy to implement it, at least until I get some holidays after Xmas. However, thought I'd share it with you if just in case there is a fan with time to burn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Millette
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
God Bless the USA
mbmbmbmbmb
Minedog3 wrote:
Given the dearth of scenarios for the base game, I have a vision of Call to Arms cards for this game, with initially 12 or so setup cards, and each player randomly gets 3-4 cards, and then deploys 3 each to form the setup map. The 4th might be used as a Reserve (deploy 2 units to the Base Line)

Each card would have
1. 2-3 units in a neutral shade (like gray)
2. Terrain setup
3. A River setup that was optional, and conditional upon reaching the map edge through a continuous path.
4. A Command card allocation per card (1-2 Command Cards)
5. A Dragon card allocation (0-2 cards)
6. A Honor & Fortune token allocation (1-4 H&F tokens)

On the whole, more units on the card gets a higher Command, whilst fewer units would get more Dragon cards and H&F tokens. These would cumulate to result in the starting hand. So 3 deployment cards with Command allocations of 2, 2 & 1 gets a total Command of 5. Similarly Dragon allocations of 1,0 and 2 would start with 3 Dragon cards.

Aside from the vision, I have not enough energy to implement it, at least until I get some holidays after Xmas. However, thought I'd share it with you if just in case there is a fan with time to burn.

Sounds interesting. I'd like to see how that plays out, although with the depth of this board I think the reserve could possibly deploy in the last 1-3 rows or something like that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.