Space Hulk: Death Angel – The Card Game» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Second try, a slaughter by my mistakes. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marcelo Marques
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My second try with SH:DA, so if I made any mistake, let me know. For the start, I put Dark Void location, put all terrain cards as required by the card. And check that I made a mistake on my first try when moving swarms at left side, corrected now.

Randomicaly, I get the Claw, Minigun and Flamethrower teams. The positions are Leon, Goriel, Omnion, Claudio, Zael and Valencio. Not sob ad, but Valencio will be better at door, and I will problably make the shift between Claudio and Omnio. But as I said, not so bad. Swarm is the event revealed (good that is at start), so Head at the Door and Claw on Dark Corner, no one moves.

I choose Onward Brothers, Heroic Charge and Strategize as actions. The first is Onward Brothers, who puts 2 tokens on the door and moves Valencio up. Following, Leon receives a token, none moves. Gories tries to defend Omnio, and hits with 1. The head monster misses (3), and the Event is Secret Route, putting 2 more tokens, plus 2 Tongues at Dark Corner and 2 Tails at Corridor; no claw to move.

For the second round, choosed Defence Stance, Full Auto and Flamer Attack. Put a token on Zael, his flame thrower gets a 0, discard the token and gets a 3, killing the swarm at Valencio. Omnio kills a Stalker with a 2. Leon has 3 attacks, rolling 3, 5, 3 killing both at his side. None at table, the next event is Cleasing Flames, nothing to kill. 2 Heads at Dark Corner, Tail and Tongue at Corridor. Tongue moves up engaging Claudio, and as the left blip is over, all Stalkers are killed by the door, and I put a Head behind Claudio.

For this turn, I choose Onward Brother, Reorganize and Heroic Charge. First, Valencio goes up and faces his foe, Leon goes down. After that Zael goes up and Omnio activate door, I reveal Temporary Sanctuary, putting it at end. Right now I perceive that my attack is a mistake as no one has reach, and the monster will attack freely. By luck it is a miss (4) and event is Rescue Space Marine, for nothing. Tail and Claw on Drk Corner and Claw and Tail on Vents. As claw moves, the swarms exchange positions, flanking Goriel.

Now I go boldly choose Reorganize, Flamer Attack and Full Auto. First Goriel exchange place with Zael (IS THIS CORRECT, I SUPPOSE, THEY REALLY EXCHANGES PLACES). Zael gets a 3 and kill everyone at his swarm. Omnio kill the one threatening Valencio with a 2. Leon gets 2 kills with 3,3. Event is Evasion, less attacks expected as the stalkers moves defensively. Head at door and Claw at Vents, Head flanks Omnio.

Now, Defensive Stance, Onward Brothers and Strategize. First, support on Zael. Another support on Leon, and moves the swarm one above, putting both at Leon. Valencio goes to door and put 2 tokens, Leon faces foes. The monster have a bit of luck, rolling 1, 0 and 1 after I discard the tokens, killing the valorous Leon. I shift down. Out of Thin Air spawns Claw and head behind Claudio, depleting Left Blip. Because this, only a Tongue is added to Vents. The monsters flanks Zael. I travel, killing 3 behind Zael with the door, and puts the terrains as required.

Right now, Reorganize, Full Auto and Flamer Attack. First, Goriel changes place with Valencio. Claudio changes with Omnio and changes facing. He attacks and misses (0), Valencio gets the same result. The monster attacks and misses (4). Rewarded Faith gives me nothing, and a tongue is on Claudio and another behind Valencio.

Choose Onward Brother, Heroic Charge and Forward Scout. First, 2 tokens on door, Azel exchanges Goriel and the Event Out of Thin Air goes below. Claudio kills his foe with a 1; The monster attacks and kill Valencio with a 1, wapping the Red Team, shifting down. The other monster misses with 5. Event is Second Wind, and I choose Omnio, and put 2 tongues, claw and tail on Claudio, and they move to make a 6 stalker Swarm at Omnio. The left blip is over, and we travel, killing the one behind Claudio and one the tail by door.

Choose Defensive Stance and Flamer Attack. Put a token on Omnio, and attack with him, missing with a 5. The monster attacks and gets a 2, use token. Now they roll 2 again and misses by my instance. Event is Enter Formation, Claw and Head on Goriel, 2 head on Claudio. The 5 swarm flanks Omnio and the other flanks Zael.

The things looks grim by my mistakes, and chooses Forward Scout and Heroic Charge. Zhael and Claudio exchanges place, put a token on Claudio. The event is Quick Instincts, so it stays. Claudio kills both behind Zael ando ne on him, get a 2 on disse, so survives. Goriel gets another kill (2) killing the one at Claudio. The swarm killls Omnio with a 4. Quick instincts and Zael kills a Stalker with 2. Two more comes to Zael and 2 on Goriel. The huge swarm moves behind Claudio.

For this turn, Reorganize and Flamer Attack. Claudio and Goriel changes place. Zael gets a 3, killing 3 monsters. The monster attack, first Claudio, missing with 4; the second on Goriel kills with 2. The Temporary Sanctuary puts everyone on front of Zael on left blip. Tail on head on Zael and 2 tongues on Claudio. Swarm moves behind Zael.

Now, FOrward Scout and Heroic Charge. Zael and Claudio exchanges, event is For my Battle Brothers and stays. Claudio kills both tongue and tail, survives with a 1. The monster in fron of him misses (4), but behind him kills (1). My battle Brothers came and Zhael kill the tail on his front. Every monster is now on table, 3 in front, 2 behind.

Flamer Attack comes, get a 2, and after token another 2. The monster behind me attacks for a 2, and killed Zael...

To be honest I make a lot of mistakes in my opinion. The lost of red team soon is a big issue, and there is a lot of monsters on table. I almost done it beside all my mistakes, so I need to improve my strategies. I take a long time to bring Claudio to game, and this is a big drawback as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Claudio is SO GOOD. It's really important, I think, to position him towards the center early in the game. Then you can have the other teams use their Move and Activate actions to juggle Claudio into position on the same turn you use his attack to kill 3 Genestealers who would otherwise be out of his range.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike m
United States
palisades park
nj
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Marael wrote:
Now I go boldly choose Reorganize, Flamer Attack and Full Auto. First Goriel exchange place with Zael (IS THIS CORRECT, I SUPPOSE, THEY REALLY EXCHANGES PLACES)

I've wondered about this as well, and have been playing it that everyone else moved down while keeping their formation. Your post made me check around, and apparently it's in the rulebook and i didn't check thorougly enough:

Some Rules Clarifications
Quote:
SHIFTING THE FORMATION...If a Space Marine is ever able to move to a non-adjacent position (with a card or ability), he does not cause the formation to shift. He simply switches places with the Space Marine that occupied his new position.

So you played it correctly and now I know better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.