Popular Tags: [View All]
Keiron
United Kingdom
Sittingbourne
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From the Kickstarter update e-mail ...

Project Update #2: Team Red Fury Signs all drivers!

We are proud to announce our first completely filled racing team for Thunder Alley.

Red Fury Racing, owned by Francisco Tomas Marrero Gomez now has the full complement of six drivers. The team, based in Tenerife, Spain on the Canary Islands includes the following drivers:

25 - Adrian Cold
29 - Fabius Doria
41 - Robert Gutierrez
42 - Jim Jozens
69 - Frank Marrero
77 - Dan Pattison

There are still driver openings on Pocket Racing (Green), Princess Racing (Pink), Mythos Motorsports (Black), Orracle Oil Racing (Purple) or Leviton Racing (Blue).

Announcement: There is also one team ownership spot now available. The first track for Thunder Alley has also been built. Saint Adriana in Tenerife, Spain will host all of the Super Speedway races in Thunder Alley.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schreiber
United States
Waynesville
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Tolerance for ambiguity is the first step in maturity.
mbmbmbmbmb
I am happy to share that the team ownerships are once again all sold out.

It's nice to see a full team as well:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David McLeod
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you think the sponsor can tell us the story behind the names of these drivers?

Francisco "Frank" Marrero is the main sponsor I think?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schreiber
United States
Waynesville
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Tolerance for ambiguity is the first step in maturity.
mbmbmbmbmb
Not all of the team names are connected with the team sponsor. Some are Kickstarters who sponsored a driver and elected to be on the 'red' team.

I will contact Francisco and invite him to come here and share any details with us. While I am at it, I will invite the other drivers to share some details as well. Good idea, David.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Marrero Gomez
Spain
Santa Cruz de Tenerife
flag msg tools
Hi, people! First of all, I want to say that I am very proud to be part of this project! I am Francisco and well, Adrian, Robert and Fabius are my all time gaming friends ( for more than 20 years ) and I wanted to have a present for them having them inmortalized in a GMT game! As for the team name, the red fury is the nickname our national soccer team has and the colours of the team are from the Spanish flag colours. About the sword, well, I thought about a strong symbol. Our team has no fear and we will win all the races, LOL! And if you see the track named Saint Adriana, this is the name of my lovely girlfriend, a great birthday present for her. I hope this game can be totally funded, I love racing games and I think this one will be the best of all. I want to say hello to the other racers that completed the team. I don't know if you chose red fury or if it was only luck, but I can promise you are in the winner team!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David McLeod
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for sharing Francisco! Look forward to Spain dominating the ashphalt. Should be an exciting season of stock car racing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Pattison
United States
Odenton
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dan Pattison is my brother. During his late teens and 20's, he pit crewed weekends for a Formula Ford team and went through driver training at Summit Point. I don't think he was ever in a race per se, but the other drivers did let him take their expensive toys(i.e. Lotuses and Ferraris) for a spin around the tracks in places like Summit Point and Watkin's Glen. Although he doesn't crew now, he still enjoys racing as a fan.

Since his birthday is in August around the time that this game ships, I thought it might be cool to put his name up in lights. I am sure it will go well on the shelf next to the race memorabilia in the extra garage with a lift that he built to house his Porsche 924 and his Corvette.

On another note, there were a group of Pattisons that fled Scotland to Spain, so there is a little bit of a family connection to the Spanish Team.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.