Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex N
United States
Metuchen
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hhm, I wonder if this game will be an improvement over The God Kings: Warfare at the Dawn of Civilization, 1500 – 1260BC.

Anyone willing to venture a guess?

Alex
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Smith
United States
Newburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Stay thirsty my friends.
mbmbmbmbmb
Or even, how is it different?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Norell
New Zealand
AUCKLAND
flag msg tools
mbmb
Having recently acquired THE GOD KINGS I have found it a fascinating and rewarding game. I have already decided to get GENESIS when it comes out simply to get a comparison because I love the period. I am sure the mechanics and focus will be subtly different and provide an alternative perspective.

If one is intrigued by the period, then one can't have too many games that deal with it (budget allowing of course).

Over the years, for example, my fascination with the Peloponnesian War has prompted me to buy THE PELOPONNESIAN WAR (VG), ATHENS AND SPARTA (COLUMBIA), POLIS (ASYLUM) and PERICLES (WARFROG). I have not yet tried HELLENES (GMT) or EPIC OF THE PELOPONESIAN WAR (COA). All have their own distinctive flavour and all are commendable in one way of another.

Having said that, I am glad in many ways that I am not drawn to WWII Eastern Front. The plethora of games on that topic is absolutely mind-boggling, with new ones appearing almost monthly. I imagine those who are looking for the ideal game on that particular topic would have a difficult job, but then it's really a case of chaqu'un a son gout!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnauld DELLA SIEGA
France
FRANCE
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Is there a game about assyrian, egyptizns, mesopotzmians etc. But playable in solitaire?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Norell
New Zealand
AUCKLAND
flag msg tools
mbmb
All the above games are playable solitaire if you don't mind the fact that there is no secrecy when it comes to what cards each faction has. When I play solitaire I tend to forget what one side has anyway until I look at the hand!

I should clarify that when I talk about 'solitaire' play, I am not referring to games designed specifically for one person to play against a programmed system; but rather one person playing all sides in a multi-player game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rory Colling
United States
VICTOR
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PAUL....RIGHT ON!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.