8 Posts

Puerto Rico» Forums » Rules

Subject: Hacienda and Construction Hut rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Link
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Noob question...did quick search and found nothing, although I'm fairly certain this was asked years ago.

If you own a manned hacienda and CH, then call Settler, can you take 2 quarries?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Robert Yu
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 9 of the english rulebook, in italics as a note to the description of the construction hut..

"Note: if the settler owns a construction hut, he may only take ONE quarry".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Izzo
Italy
Bologna
BO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
theright555J wrote:
Noob question...did quick search and found nothing, although I'm fairly certain this was asked years ago.

If you own a manned hacienda and CH, then call Settler, can you take 2 quarries?

No.

The owner of an occupied hacienda may, before he takes a face-up plantation tile, take an additional tile chosen at random from the rest of the supply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Case
England
Epsom
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
https://www.facebook.com/amuse.ment.92
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Hacienda allows you to take an additional tile from the face-down stack, not a second Quarry. The Note in the rules for the Hacienda states;

'If the player owns an occupied construction hut he may NOT take aquarry instead of the faceidown tile.'
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Link
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I only own the 10th anniversary edition, pretty sure it says you MAY take a quarry instead of face down tile...will reread tonite.

Thanks for the replies!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Link
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Confirmed, p. 9 of 10th anniversary rules states that yes you can combo these buildings
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Case
England
Epsom
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
https://www.facebook.com/amuse.ment.92
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Then you should have posted the question on the PR Anniversary forum
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Link
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, hindsight is 20/20! I have never played the original printing, and as such was not aware of the change in wording

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.