Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Godstar
United States
Falls Church
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I played my first game of Netrunner this weekend and had a great time with it.

I had a question about the card Priority Requisition under the Weyland Corporation which allows me to rez an ice, ignoring all costs.

Is there a requirement that cards effect must happen when scored? Or can I defer the rezz/score till my opponent makes a run on the card? The way I played it was that I had to resolve the card when the final advancement was made, but I wasn't sure if that was incorrect.

Quick aside about the rules, but I wish they had two sets, one for the runner, and one for the corporation. I really hate sifting through different pages between two people when learning games like this. However, I digress.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Olmstead
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Godstar wrote:
So I played my first game of Netrunner this weekend and had a great time with it.

I had a question about the card Priority Requisition under the Weyland Corporation which allows me to rez an ice, ignoring all costs.

Is there a requirement that cards effect must happen when scored? Or can I defer the rezz/score till my opponent makes a run on the card? The way I played it was that I had to resolve the card when the final advancement was made, but I wasn't sure if that was incorrect.

Quick aside about the rules, but I wish they had two sets, one for the runner, and one for the corporation. I really hate sifting through different pages between two people when learning games like this. However, I digress.

It happens immediately when you score the agenda.
Now that said, you DO NOT have to score an agenda when you place the final advancement counter. You can score an agenda at the beginning of your turn, or after any Corp click is completed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toby Knotts
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race?
badge
¡Viva la Revolución!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, there is a requirement as the text of the card says "When you score"; if it provided the ability to do something later then it would have come with a hosted agenda counter that you would spend to do so (see Nisei MK II or Breaking News thx BT, yes - Astroscript Pilot Program).
ninjad

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As already answered:

You can delay the scoring of the Agenda, but not the effect of a score.

If the effect were meant to be delayed, it would use a token similar to Niesi Mk II or Astroscript Pilot Program.

Breaking News grants two temporary tags that disappear after the end of the current turn. Breaking News itself does not get a counter on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Skov
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Godstar wrote:
Is there a requirement that cards effect must happen when scored? Or can I defer the rezz/score till my opponent makes a run on the card?

As other people have already mentioned, you do not have to score an agenda immediately when you place the final advancement token on it. However, I want to emphasize that you could not wait until the runner made a run on it, as you cannot score agendas on the runner's turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Godstar
United States
Falls Church
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Damn, unfortunately that forces you to reveal the ice you're playing, but I guess in certain cases it's worth it when the cost of the card is very high.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Schadt
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Godstar wrote:
Damn, unfortunately that forces you to reveal the ice you're playing, but I guess in certain cases it's worth it when the cost of the card is very high.
It definitely is, especially in the case of ICE like Archer.

Now, granted, if the text were as follows:
Quote:
When this agenda is scored, place an agenda counter on Priority Requisition.
Hosted agenda counter: Rez a piece of ICE ignoring all costs.
that would be significantly more powerful for the Corp. Probably unbalancingly powerful. But (as the Corp) it would be awesome, and would certainly keep the Runner more on their guard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Kelly
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kleric42 wrote:

It happens immediately when you score the agenda.
Now that said, you DO NOT have to score an agenda when you place the final advancement counter. You can score an agenda at the beginning of your turn, or after any Corp click is completed.

The new timing structure (see FAQ) now lets you score (and pay for abilities and rez non-ice) before your first action. So you have a chance to score when you start your turn, then you do you any "when your turn begins" triggers, then you draw, and now you have another chance to score before you take your first action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.