Shawn Macleod
United States
Pearland
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone have any feedback for playing this game with 2-players? I recently "test drove" this game as a two player and it fell flat. After a few hands it felt like the dominant strategy was to just lay cards down in front of you and pay no attention to your opponent. At that point, it came down to the luck of the draw. Do others share this experience with 2-players?

I suspect play improves with more players. To that end, can anyone leverage their experience to suggest an ideal number of players?

Cheers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WRS WRS
Poland
Ropczyce
Podkarpacie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the same doubts.

I played it in 5 players and game is fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathias H
Germany
Pendler zwischen Hessen und Rheinlandpfalz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It feels definitely different. But it was quit funny.
Less enemys, shorter rounds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Martin
United States
East Lyme
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Never enough of these to go around...
badge
Never cut a deal with this guy...
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry to bump an old thread, but I wanted to add to this topic.

I recently got this game for a very cheap price.

However, I just got around to playing a quick 2 player game of this after reading the quick rules...

We were extremely underwhelmed and it fell extremely flat for us as well. It was exactly like Shawn described, no opportunity for the screw your neighbor/take that action I was hoping for. It was just us playing cards one at a time into our own piles. Occasionally, I would be able to cause my partner to put two of their piles together. Those moments were few and far between though.

Now the good news...We played a 2nd game of this and absolutely loved it! All we did in the 2nd game was raise the starting hand from 3 cards as described in the rules to 6. That one simple change really made the game come alive for the two of us and we both love it now. We can honestly say it's a lot of fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.