United States
Windsor Locks
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Currently at 1:2 ratio, getting better every week
badge
I don't want it, I don't need it, but I can't stop myself. - Stabbing Westward
mbmbmbmbmb
This question has been bugging me. I didn't notice any DS cards that focus an opposing objective without combat.

I guess the better question would be: are you allowed to play events like Counterstroke and Jedi Mind Trick without a character on the board? That would be the only way to focus LS objectives before your turn. If you are, for me personally, that is more immersion breaking than a Rancor attacking an X-Wing. I mean, how can someone swipe his hand wiping your mind, if there's no one there to swipe it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Hughes
United States
West Des Moines
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's nothing in the rules that requires you to have units in play to play either of those events. Since that is the case, it would provide an unfair advantage to the LS player to be able to play those events with no drawback. I'd love to be able to play Rebel Assault for basically free before my first turn, but I can't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Egan
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Cardboardjunkie wrote:
This question has been bugging me. I didn't notice any DS cards that focus an opposing objective without combat.

I guess the better question would be: are you allowed to play events like Counterstroke and Jedi Mind Trick without a character on the board? That would be the only way to focus LS objectives before your turn. If you are, for me personally, that is more immersion breaking than a Rancor attacking an X-Wing. I mean, how can someone swipe his hand wiping your mind, if there's no one there to swipe it?

If that bothers you then this card game, honestly any card game, will not work for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Goodridge
United States
Windsor Locks
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not as if I won't play the game because of it. I'm just saying that playing a Jedi Mind Trick with no one to perform it is worse than the major complaint of the Rancor. I can easily make up a narrative to explain the Rancor, but the DS getting confused by miles and miles of nothing? Harder to explain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Hughes
United States
West Des Moines
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just think of it as the Jedi showing up, tricking their mind, and then moving along.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Goodridge
United States
Windsor Locks
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LOL. Just passin' through. Nothing to see here.

+1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Micheal Keane
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Pictured: Rags Raggerson, successful businesscat
mb
Obi-Wan is so good, he can do a Jedi Mind Trick while he's still inside the deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.