Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark L
United Kingdom
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I asked this some time ago in another thread, but got no replies, so I thought I'd try starting a new thread!

The Pandorica automatically defeats the Doctor, and is automatically defeated by Rory. But what if only Amy and/or River is present?

I had assumed its strength of "X" would count for zero against them, and therefore the conflict would be resolved normally, with the strength of any other enemies present being opposed by the strength of Amy and/or River. And if the Pandorica was on its own, any defenders other than the Doctor would defeat it.

But in that other thread, Martin Wallace posted this:

Frog1 wrote:
The Pandorica can attack on its own. It would remain in play until defeated by Rory.

Surely this doesn't mean that the Pandorica can only be defeated by Rory?

But then I thought, if its "normal" strength is zero, why not just give it as zero on the card? The special text would of course override the number.

So now I'm confused...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Wallace
United Kingdom
Manchester
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
The Pandorica has a strength of zero and can only be defeated by Rory. In effect it will stay against a location until Rory is played against it. Obviously you would not play the Doctor against it.

Hope that helps.

Martin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Destroyer of Islands
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Frog1 wrote:
The Pandorica has a strength of zero and can only be defeated by Rory. In effect it will stay against a location until Rory is played against it. Obviously you would not play the Doctor against it.

Hope that helps.

Martin

Wait, so if the total defender strength is greater than the total enemy strength, but Rory is not there, then the Pandorica doesn't get discarded? Even though normally all cards from both sides get discarded if the defender wins? Does the defender get to put a Tardis token on the location then?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
United Kingdom
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Thanks, Martin, that does help ... I think.

queenc wrote:
Wait, so if the total defender strength is greater than the total enemy strength, but Rory is not there, then the Pandorica doesn't get discarded? Even though normally all cards from both sides get discarded if the defender wins? Does the defender get to put a Tardis token on the location then?

If I understand Martin correctly, the Pandorica remains, which means the defender would not get to put a TARDIS token on the location.

This really is not clear from the rules at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.