Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Hansen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there any way to pick up a set of the 1st edition Nazgul minis without buying an entire first edition game? Imo, they look better than the 2nd edition minis and would take up less space on the game board.

I'm not getting my hopes up that I can buy them directly from one of the publishers, so if anyone has a set for purchase or trade please send me a geek mail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodrigo Tjäder
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
Rio de Janeiro
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
They sure are prettier, but they are much more prone to falling over, having a much higher center of gravity. I prefer the second edition ones for that reason.

Anyway, I think contacting the publisher is worth a try, as they usually have spare pieces for replacement for customers who lost/broke them and maybe they are willing to sell a set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Poulter
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately the publisher for the first edition no longer exists, so your only real hope is if someone will trade.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott M.
United States
Winter Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Having played with both the 1st and second ed Nazgul figures, the Second edition are much better due to their stability.

Ya the 1st ED are nice to look at but lose functionality constantly falling over ant then knocking other pieces around when they do. In large armies they become a pain in the ass..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Hansen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rodrigotjader wrote:
They sure are prettier, but they are much more prone to falling over, having a much higher center of gravity. I prefer the second edition ones for that reason.

Doesn't this become a non-issue when you glue nickels to the base?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Rose
United States
Walnut Creek
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Teamjimby wrote:

Not only that, the 2nd Edition nazgul deprive the shadow player of the Mt. Gundabad frustration strategy where you place a lone nazgul in Mt. Gundabad, which causes the FPP to constantly knock it over; each time with growing frustration.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Madsen
United States
Kearns
Utah
flag msg tools
Trains!
badge
Houseplant?
mbmbmbmbmb
Teamjimby wrote:
rodrigotjader wrote:

I hear that helps, but doesn't solve the problem.

If you still want the originals, your best bet is to trade Nazgul with someone who has the first edition. Do you know about the "Has Parts For Trade" and "Want Parts In Trade" lists?

First Edition Has Parts For Trade
First Edition Want Parts In Trade
Second Edition Has Parts For Trade
Second Edition Want Parts In Trade
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob M.
United States
College Park,
Maryland
flag msg tools
Its Peanut Butter Jelly Time!
mbmbmbmbmb
Tsugo wrote:
Teamjimby wrote:

Not only that, the 2nd Edition nazgul deprive the shadow player of the Mt. Gundabad frustration strategy where you place a lone nazgul in Mt. Gundabad, which causes the FPP to constantly knock it over; each time with growing frustration.

This is DEFINITELY going to be incorporated into my strategy next game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.