Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jonathan platteau
Belgium
Herent
Vlaams-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
does anyone know some good one-player games?

edit: it is supposed to be for an adult...

jojo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason M. Brown
United Kingdom
Fareham
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
I'm quite fond of Arkham Horror, although it is VERY tough for just one investigator, so it may be an idea to play with more than one character.

Also, i'm deeply into the theme, being a big Lovecraft fan - I can see that the game wouldn't necessarily be anywhere near as enjoyable if you aren't as fond of the theme...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Cassola
Italy
Piacenza
PC
flag msg tools
Power player
badge
http://www.orizzonteventi.org
mbmbmbmbmb
Oceania (Ozeanien) is not bad and "Al cabohne" (1-2 players Bohnanaza) can be fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bowie
Spain
Inca
Baleares
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Return of the Heroes or Runebound (with some house rules and the Doom track) are two fine options.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Lai
Hong Kong
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'm also wondering is it's possible to play Descent solo?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Forsythe
United States
Strafford
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmb
zombiemonkey wrote:
I'm quite fond of Arkham Horror, although it is VERY tough for just one investigator, so it may be an idea to play with more than one character.

Playing with more characters is the way to go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Pressler
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
OMG! Overtext! How long have I been sleeping?! OVERTEXT! Also, I'm a DESIGNER now?! Sweet! OVERTEXXXXXXT!
badge
HO HO HO! Give me some money!
mbmbmbmbmb
zombiemonkey wrote:

This is true of many cooperative games, such as Lord of the Rings and Vanished Planet. In both of those, I would also suggest playing at least two characters to have a fighting chance.

Some additional information of the type of game you are looking for would help. My current favorite solo game is Last Frontier: the Vesuvius Incident. It's somewhat akin to a solo version of Space Hulk, but the rules are probably a bit more complex than most Eurogamers would enjoy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy Richards
Scotland
Allanton
Duns
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chainsaw Warrior, an old Games Workshop effort is quite fun, though very hard to beat. The fact that I happen to have a copy for sale on ebay at the moment is entirely coincidental to this comment! Another old solo game is Time Tripper (SPI) - might be a bit wargamey for your tastes, I haven't played it for years (decades probably).

I would also recommend the Last Frontier: The Vesuvius Incident too, which is a 'microgame style' format but good fun. The LOTR cooperative game is also possible as others have suggested, needs to be played with 2 characters (at least!) or is impossible.

Einfach Genial has rules for solo play, though I haven't tried it out.

Assuming you have a computer then that is probably the best source of games involving only 1 human!

Eddy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.