Popular Tags: [View All]
Halden
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can anyone suggest a good PnP party game? We will be 6 adults. Cards against Humanity might be a little too risque.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
admin
Convention Committee
badge
BGG.CON! BGG.CON SPRING! BGG@SEA!
mbmbmbmbmb
Poorman's Trivia and Eat Poop You Cat are both great PnP party games...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I like elephants. I like how they swing through trees.
mbmbmbmbmb
I was also going to suggest EPYC, but another one similar to that is called "WHat if...?" (Or at least, that's what we call it.)

Get a bunch of index cards, or cut out pieces of paper, and write "What if...?" on one side, and "Then..." on the other side. Each person writes a "what if" question, then passes their paper to the left/right/across, etc., and writes a "then" answer to the question they got. Then, start with one person who reads the "what if" question on their sheet, and the NEXT person reads their "then" answer, and so on. It's absurd, and not everything works in a funny way, but usually you'll get some hilarious results. I find the same thing happens with EPYC... some results are duds and some are hilarious. And like EPYC, this is best with at least 5-6 people, but really, there's no limit.

Don't explain what you're going to do with the answers beforehand, and don't play this more than two rounds. Once everyone knows what's going on, they tend to try a little too hard and it doesn't really work as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mads Fløe
Denmark
Aarhus C
DK
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You could try out my first attempt at a print and play What Do You Meme: The Meme Party Game

It plays up to 6 people. Just GeekMail me if you want to go ahead and try it, and you need any help with the files or anything
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chearns
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Celebrities is an amazing pnp party game by virtue of being an amazing party game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sturv Tafvherd
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Werewolf / Mafia

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jess
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chearns wrote:
Celebrities is an amazing pnp party game by virtue of being an amazing party game.

+1

Celebrities is the public domain version of Time's Up!. There's a reason that the Times Up series holds 3 of the top 4 spots on the BGG party game rankings - and that reason is that it is absolutely hilarious.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Kelbley
msg tools
1000 Blank White Cards this game is crazy as heck. You would be surprised at what the people who claim they're not creative and can't draw come up with :-D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steve zhang
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cards Against Humanity, an adult version of Apples to Apples. The PDF can be found on their website.

You can make your own Werewolf and The Resistance also. Usually we just write the roles on paper if we happen not to have the cards with us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.