United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a cool idea, however, I imagine the heroes will hardly ever go for these. The rewards are nice, for sure, but trying to complete one of these secret rooms would only be a reasonable thing for the heroes to do in non-race scenarios, of which there are few, or if they already know they're going to lose.

It is funny to think that one of the best quests for this is Gryvorn Unleashed Encounter 2, because that dragon isn't going anywhere. Thematically, the heroes are on their way to vanquish the great evil that was unleashed upon Terrinoth, but then they got distracted by a hidden room with stuff in it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
If you read the hidden room cards carefully, you'll see there are ways for the heroes to complete searching the room faster, by gaining extra actions to do it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy Babel
United States
Guymon
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
It says something about riddles, I wonder if these will be actual riddles that the player has to answer or if they will be like "The statue asks you a riddle, test intelligence to pass"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
demonhanz demonhanz
msg tools
mb
BillyBabel wrote:
It says something about riddles, I wonder if these will be actual riddles that the player has to answer or if they will be like "The statue asks you a riddle, test intelligence to pass"

I'm confident it will be an attriubute test. Actual riddles? Nah, because then players can easily cheat by reading them ahead of time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
demonhanz demonhanz
msg tools
mb
bleached_lizard wrote:
If you read the hidden room cards carefully, you'll see there are ways for the heroes to complete searching the room faster, by gaining extra actions to do it.

Yup, the Armory card indicates this exact thing by testing Might to allow you to search for free. Also, I think these challenge rooms will be better suited for larger parties of heroes. You can send one person down while the others focus on the encounter's objectives.

Also, this reminds me of the Catacombs in Dungeonquest, where you descend into a lower level.

Hmm....how about multilevel dungeons next!?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
demonhanz wrote:
bleached_lizard wrote:

Yup, the Armory card indicates this exact thing by testing Might to allow you to search for free. Also, I think these challenge rooms will be better suited for larger parties of heroes. You can send one person down while the others focus on the encounter's objectives.

Also, this reminds me of the Catacombs in Dungeonquest, where you descend into a lower level.

What would be the difference between multilevel dungeons and how the quests are currently laid out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
demonhanz demonhanz
msg tools
mb
bleached_lizard wrote:
demonhanz wrote:
bleached_lizard wrote:

What would be the difference between multilevel dungeons and how the quests are currently laid out?

Well, if you have ever played any of the Legend of Zelda series, many of the dungeons are multi-leveled and were very fun to crawl through, but the cool thing is that there are multiple points of entry between the floors. You can also have some other cool features like pits that drop to the level below (still result in 2dmg). This could probably work best as an interlude/finale quest(s), and I think it'd be fun if the players' objectives were scattered across floors, forcing them to scurry back and forth.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.