Subject: I am cursed?! A Chutulu tale rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marco P.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi there,

first, my english isnt my native language, so keep all errors you find .

i was never a board game "geek", i played a bit of pandemie and zombies!!! with my girlfriend, thats it...

Until i found my first Cthulhu game "Mansion of Madness" around 6 weeks ago. I mainly bought it because i liked the art style of it. (googled a bit)

I played all the scenarios with my girlfriend, mostly because of the awesome setting and great atmosphere. It was that fun that i ordered me some paintbrush and everything i need to paint the miniatures. This was my first time that i painted something

Results here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/neld5sfkownqqcl/CavCYX1884

Of course they arent that great but i think theyre pretty much ok, i also tryd to paint them like they looked on the arts.

After finishing the last scenario in mansion of madness, i looked if there are more Cthulhu games.

And yes there was one....Arkham Horror

8 Days ago, Arkham Horror arrived at my house. i first learned the rules by playing solo for around one hour. After i discovered how awesome it is, i instantly stopped playing and ordered:

- 3 x 5 Cthulhu Dice from Q-Workshop

- 1 Cthulhu black dice bag

- Curse of the dark pharao expansion (revised).

Yesterday i had my first round with my GF....she also liked it very much. Around 3 hours into the game, she said: "I wish we could use the miniatures from mansion"

5 Minutes later i stopped playing: "Hold on, lemme try something"

i realy went WTF when i disovered that the figure stands from mansion of madness are combatible with the monster bases in arkham horror, also the monsters match the creatures from arkham horror perfectly. We continued to play while using the miniatures from the mansion board game, so around every third monster was a "real" one.

I think its kinda epic how much more fun we had with these miniatures.

2 hours ago i ordered all remaining miniatures, including the 8 missing investigators from Fantasy Flight Games, so i have atleast one miniature for each aviable monster and all 16 investigators for the base game.

i will mainly play the game with my GF so thats monster limit 5, which also means that there is a very low chance to have 2 of the same monster on the board and all monsters that are in the outskirts will only use the paper markers, because they will never be active, so it fits pretty good.

I just realised that i spend over 250$ on a "simple" board game o.O

Chutulu cursed me, i cant get away from him
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Todd
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Huh, I was under the impression that the monster tokens in AH would fit the bases of the MM minis. I don't own MM so I can't be sure.

Anyway, enjoy your great game, and maybe check out Elder Sign if you want to complete the series or if you don't have enough time for MM/AH.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
mbmbmbmbmb
Come over to the RPG Side there you can meet up with: Call of Cthulhu (2nd - 6th Edition), the cthulhu RPG

Nice that you have learned to know this great game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco P.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
Foolio949 wrote:
Huh, I was under the impression that the monster tokens in AH would fit the bases of the MM minis. I don't own MM so I can't be sure.

Anyway, enjoy your great game, and maybe check out Elder Sign if you want to complete the series or if you don't have enough time for MM/AH.

i misspelled it, the baseS are compatible with it, thats why i ordered the missing monsters cos its not that expensive anymore if you just order the missing ones.

We already have Elder Sign, its pretty nice too if you dont have alot of time.

I uploaded a video of my miniatures: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ms582cnr7s75f5s/movie1.mp4
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Full Doom Track
United States
Roseville
California
flag msg tools
I WISH I had that kind of money to spend on Arkham Horror!

Anyways, welcome to your best or worst nightmare! Glad you've discovered this gem of a game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.