• [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The variable tiles on page 23 must be printed and cut out. Anyone willing to translate the variant to English?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederick Ohlmann
msg tools
The variant propose alternate lvl I, II and III for your colony. You can choose one of them when you evolve your colony. You can also evolve to the regular level

The first lvl I variant allow to :
* use a worker action to exchange 1 food for 2 victory points
* put three-case pheromone
* consider mushroom as green tile when you put pheromon on them.

It does not allow you to put aphid farm or scavenging tile, nor to use a worker to get one food.

The second lvl I variant allow to :
* use a worker action to put, or relocate, a tunnel exit, without taking a brown cube
* put three-case pheromone
* once per worker action, have a "virtual" warrior that can only serve to step on ennemy territory

Like the other one, you can't use regular lvl I ability.

The lvl II variant allow to :
* use a worker action to conserve as many cube as you want instead of discarding to 4 cubes
* put four-case pheromone
* once per worker action, have a "virtual" warrior that can only serve to chase down prey

Remember, you cannot get an earth/stone cube via worker action, and you're limited to 4 cube instead of 6 if you don't use a worker

The lvl III variant allow to :
* use a worker action to get two larva
* put five-case pheromone
* use two nurse to do the same action (I.E. you can make two objectives in one turn)

The variant does not indicate what happen if you can use the next ant colony level via event. I suppose you use the "regular" level in thoses cases.

I have not tested that, but I am not sure this is balanced, especially the alternate lvl II.

(there is also some solo rule, but it's significantly longer )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Beri
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ohlmann wrote:
I have not tested that, but I am not sure this is balanced, especially the alternate lvl II.
These variants have been designed by Thomas Cauet, Ystari's #1 tester and balance-man. I would trust him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.