Popular Tags: um__WOW [+] [View All]
Fraser
Canada
Cranbrook
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Had a great time at BGG.Con this year. One of the highlights for me was putting together, with the help of Tman2 and Neoshmengi, a couple tracks of Epic Pitchcar. Aldie was nice enough to sign out all the Pitch Car and expansions from the library for us do the track could be left out for all to enjoy. Thanks Aldie, you're the man. It was great to see so many people playing the track over the weekend. Seeing you all struggle and triumph on these challenging tracks was really fun. I felt as though I had contributed in a small way to this seriously awesome Con.

Looking forward to building another track next year. Already have some great ideas.

Here's a couple pictures of Super Epic Pitch Car. This used 3 copies of the game plus multiple copies of each of the expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you guys for setting it up!

Did you find that any part of the track was too hard or too easy?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Campbell
United States
Lake Worth
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Parker
United States
Aggieland
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
You're only young once...but you can be immature the rest of your life!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Aldie wrote:

I saw several newbies having issues with the ramps, but the biggest issue was related to the track joints not laying flat on the uneven tables.

Thanks! It's a tradition now...it must be setup every year now!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Canada
Cranbrook
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
texasgeoker wrote:

I saw several newbies having issues with the ramps, but the biggest issue was related to the track joints not laying flat on the uneven tables.

Agree with the track joint issues. Hopefully next year we can find some smoother tables to work with. I actually enjoyed watching the mayhem as people struggled to make it up the ramps and seeing the jubilation when they finally succeeded.

texasgeoker wrote:

Happy to keep building the track. This year it was just thrown together. Next year I'll do some pre-planning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Man, and I thought having two sets was great

That's fantastic. You should use the track builder here on BGG before the con next year
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M C
Canada
Lethbridge
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Game group needed...
mbmbmbmbmb
texasgeoker wrote:
Aldie wrote:

I can attest to at least one oldbie struggling with one particular ramp... blush

We tried to leave some sheets of paper to slide under the joints to even out the kinks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Corbin
United States
Cumming
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
neoshmengi wrote:
texasgeoker wrote:
Aldie wrote:

I can attest to at least one oldbie struggling with one particular ramp... :blush:

We tried to leave some sheets of paper to slide under the joints to even out the kinks.

The best technique I've seen for leveling, is a deck of playing cards one or two cards (sometimes 3) per joint usually is adequate. This course might require 2 decks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
The Nomad wrote:
texasgeoker wrote:

Agree with the track joint issues. Hopefully next year we can find some smoother tables to work with. I actually enjoyed watching the mayhem as people struggled to make it up the ramps and seeing the jubilation when they finally succeeded.

texasgeoker wrote:

Happy to keep building the track. This year it was just thrown together. Next year I'll do some pre-planning.

If only there was a nice, flat surface just below those tables...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for setting it up! I took a lap on it with a friend during one of the times when it wasn't in play (maybe the only time) during the Saturday night prize giveaway. The drop off was something I've never seen and was tricky to deal with. Also, the middle area was tough depending on if you are left or right handed and which direction you were going. Lots of lean and tough angles.

I second the recommendation to use playing cards to level sections and I would also recommend removing the tablecloth in then future. A hard, flat surface is the key to success for keeping the joints level. A huge conference table like the one in McCombs room would be ideal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Cooper
United States
Lewisville
Texas
flag msg tools
Ask me how I got this badge early!
badge
Dexterity Games Guy for BGG.Con / GeekCoin # 318030
mbmbmbmbmb
I keep reading about "leveling" the track at the joints. Do you consider it "true" leveling, or is it acceptable to merely raise the trailing edge of the tile to make it higher than the leading edge of the next tile?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thosw wrote:
I keep reading about "leveling" the track at the joints. Do you consider it "true" leveling, or is it acceptable to merely raise the trailing edge of the tile to make it higher than the leading edge of the next tile?

I try to make it a smooth transition, with the higher side being the flicking side if that's as good as I can get it. Just as long as there isn't a noticeable lip at the joint. I have never used an actual level to set up a track.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Farris
United States
Citrus Heights
California
flag msg tools
badge
There is a duck in every game. You may not see it, but it's there.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never levelled a track. I consider the variations on the joins to be part of what makes each game unique. As you play the track, you quickly realize which areas are "rougher" than others.

To each their own I suppose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Traig Born
United States
Ward
Arkansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a great time on that track. Thanks for setting it up. Look forward to next years track.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Shaw
United States
Waxhaw
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played on the track twice and had a great time. It was my first Pitch Car experience. Thank you for making it a memorable one! I look forward to next year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Twinge
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Smilinbrax wrote:
I've never levelled a track. I consider the variations on the joins to be part of what makes each game unique. As you play the track, you quickly realize which areas are "rougher" than others.

I can see that for a smaller track you're playing a lot and circling several times, but for an epic track like this I wouldn't want to go around it more than once or maybe twice, and would definitely prefer it leveled.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Felger
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dcorbin13 wrote:
neoshmengi wrote:
texasgeoker wrote:
Aldie wrote:

I can attest to at least one oldbie struggling with one particular ramp... blush

The best technique I've seen for leveling, is a deck of playing cards one or two cards (sometimes 3) per joint usually is adequate. This course might require 2 decks.

I carry a baggie full of business cards with my Carabande stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M C
Canada
Lethbridge
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Game group needed...
mbmbmbmbmb
Everyone who plays next year should throw their business card in the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derrick Breclaw
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I'm probably a bit late to the thread for this question, but does anyone have the picture of Vic suspended over the track when he made his epic pitch? His car was in one of those awkward positions that couldn't be reached properly, so a group of us held him up - he effectively bodysurfed over the table, and made his shot: The car cleared the jump between the tables, went up on edge and rolled through the 90 degree right and left turns, made it up the ramp, and came to rest on the upper level. It was so beautiful we cheered - my apologies to the quiet gamers at nearby tables. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.