Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Barr
United Kingdom
Wigan
Greater Manchester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am having trouble getting the pieces of the miniatures to stick together, I am using Humbrol Poly Cement and have tried superglue neither of which seem to have much of an effect, can anyone offer me some advice as I don't have this trouble with other miniatures?
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skolo
Netherlands
R`dam
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I`m using Army Painter plastic glue and there is no problem with anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Barr
United Kingdom
Wigan
Greater Manchester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have glued the heads on all the figures using the humbrol.... will leave them overnight and see how things are in the morning, but it just doesn't seem to be sticking these models as well as it does with GW miniatures and model aircraft

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raph Moimoi
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Talking about that, is there a specific scheme to assemble the models ?

three different bodies, three different heads, three different arm pairs... is it necessary to make three troopers of each or is it better to do 9 different troopers ?

There's also one head without mask, is it for the sergent model ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Barr
United Kingdom
Wigan
Greater Manchester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I assume the sergeant model is the one that's kneeling with the weird arm holding the gun and the other with a kind of boxing glove on it, if I am right then the two head options for it are in the bag with the main body. As far as I can guess the rest are optional except for the weapons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raph Moimoi
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Spydah666 wrote:
I assume the sergeant model is the one that's kneeling with the weird arm holding the gun and the other with a kind of boxing glove on it, if I am right then the two head options for it are in the bag with the main body. As far as I can guess the rest are optional except for the weapons.

I have the sergeant in a specific bag inside the Corporation figures' bag. It contains the body, weapon arm, glove arm and a head (same as the one on the left on sprues). In the main bag there's a lone head different from others. I too think this head is for the sergeant even if it's not in the specific bag.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Barr
United Kingdom
Wigan
Greater Manchester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I had two heads in a separate bag so they must be options for the sergeant.
I'm still infuriated by my poly cement not sticking the pieces together properly, two heads and three tails from the veer-myn fell off again today.... I'm not looking forward to painting these figures, if the spray undercoat can dislodge em a paint brush wont do em any good

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Barr
United Kingdom
Wigan
Greater Manchester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Found out earlier that the models are plastic resin so would need superglue to stick em..... grrrrr
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raph Moimoi
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Spydah666 wrote:
Found out earlier that the models are plastic resin so would need superglue to stick em..... grrrrr

I'm going to stick the models this weekend. Thanks for the info
I saw that in a review but I was busy making a summary for the rules and didn't have time to try building models.
I will spray them with white coat for now... and paint them some day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Barr
United Kingdom
Wigan
Greater Manchester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have fun.... I hope the gameplay makes up for the messing about we have to do with the figures lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JFK Friendly
Germany
flag msg tools
Hi, I have been using Gale Force Nine's Hobby Glue: http://www.waylandgames.co.uk/gale-force-9/glues/gf9-hobby-g...

It's something between super glue and plastic glue (meaning it takes al long time to sitck but it works out fine in in the end).

BTW: If you need to bend the Marine's arms: boil water in a kettle put the parts into the water and then you will have about 3 seconds to bend them. But be warned: it is a lot of effort to assemble simple troopers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.