Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Casey Lynn
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought that someone here might know the answer to this question, as Google is providing no help...

Is there any way to hide or edit your backer history on Kickstarter? I find it kind of unsettling that you can click on my name to see every project I've backed. It's sort of like having a public page that has a list of all my Amazon purchases, not something I would like. :-p

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh L
United States
Wisconsin Rapids
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not that I know of, though I like that it is shown on your profile. Especially for people who put up things for funding. I have only ever looked at people looking for funding's backer history. It is a pretty nice way to find other things you might be interested in.

I do like though that it doesn't show how much money you funded.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Lynn
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't mind it in theory, but it strikes me as something that you might LIKE to hide - ideally to hide individual projects. What if you backing a game that you intended as a gift for someone? Or if you backed a project supporting controversial subject matter?

It's not a huge deal, but I generally dislike not having control over self presentation like that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Rowse
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thatmadgirl wrote:
I find it kind of unsettling that you can click on my name to see every project I've backed. It's sort of like having a public page that has a list of all my Amazon purchases, not something I would like. :-p

I hear ya! I also regret backing 'Octogenarian White Supremicist Spring Break: The 3D Experience: The Book of the Film: The Board Game'.

What were we thinking?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul W
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Welcome to the Social Network Age, where if you don't want to put your whole life online for public view, you must have something to hide.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brook Gentlestream
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fizzmore wrote:
Welcome to the Social Network Age, where if you don't want to put your whole life online for public view, you must have something to hide.

You mean ASIDE from an unhealthy obsession over board games?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julius Andrikonis
Lithuania
Vilnius
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fizzmore wrote:

I couldn't say that my private life is secret or that I have something to hide. I just see it as something that cannot be displayed in public. People, who are important to me, knows about my private life and others... well they shouldn't be interested in it anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.