Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
16 Posts

Lords of Waterdeep» Forums » General

Subject: has anybody sleeved the cards? What did you do with them afterwards? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeremy Hager
United States
Leesburg
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Some of my intrigue cards were getting some wear, so I decided to sleeve them all. As I figured, they do not fit anymore into the insert. Any suggestions? I'm debating cutting half of the insert out and just sticking in a Plano box, like I did with Arkham, or just doing away with the insert entirely and putting Plano+Deck boxes or something, but I'm (as I'm posting here!) open to ideas. I just don't want to get rid of an otherwise awesome insert.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
That is exactly what I did. I cut out the large opening and used a sandwich bag to keep the sleeved cards in. Not pretty, but functional. I use D&D figures as well, and I tuck those under the tray itself. I always sleeve my cards.....

-Ski
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Shepherdson
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I sleeved with mayday green sleeves. The cards fit back into the insert, just that its a little bit tight. I get some pix for you if you want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Hager
United States
Leesburg
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
oh if you're willing to and it's not too much trouble, I'd appreciate a picture or two! Though I'm leaning towards cutting out part of the insert, as mentioned above.

Ski-- did you use tuckboxes or boxes from the sleeve manufacturer or just put the cards in bags?

Thanks all!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
PraetorianXVIII wrote:
oh if you're willing to and it's not too much trouble, I'd appreciate a picture or two! Though I'm leaning towards cutting out part of the insert, as mentioned above.

Ski-- did you use tuckboxes or boxes from the sleeve manufacturer or just put the cards in bags?

Thanks all!

Just bags.....

-Ski

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Brighton
United States
Sammamish
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just bagged up the sleeved cards and dropped them under the insert (which is easily removed/replaced).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Yellowbeard
United States
Winston-Salem
NC
flag msg tools
You're either born a pirate or not! It's in the blood...
mbmbmbmbmb
waynez wrote:
I sleeved with mayday green sleeves. The cards fit back into the insert, just that its a little bit tight. I get some pix for you if you want.
This is a peeve of mine and I'll keep commenting every time I see a post such as this. Why can't the manufacturer's design these preformed trays sized for sleeved cards? LoW has a wonderful insert and I'd never trash it. But it's time to consider repackaging the games components into other containers. My DnDMeeples and sleeved cards deserve better!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon C.
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sleeved with mayday non premiums, and then amazing taped together, they fit in the insert fine. Hugo's Amazing tape 6.51 on eBay free shipping, it really is amazing for cards.

Non adhesive

In the insert

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Fernandez
Philippines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're worried about ruining the insert, my previous solution was putting the cards in baggies and then lifting up the whole insert and putting the bag of cards under that (in between the gaps). It worked fine. The fit was snug.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Manore
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Warlord beats Troll, Troll beats Elf, Elf beats Water Sprite, and basically everything else beats Enchanted Bunny.
mbmbmbmbmb
I sleeved with Ultra-Pro Pro-Fit sleeves (64mm W x 89mm H), which are a tad smaller than Mayday Green sleeves and they fit perfect!

Small modification to the insert to allow for sleeved cards. Cut out the bottom place holder for the middle section so they can stand on edge.

You can check out my other sleeving mods at The Enchanted Bunny Board Game Pimps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Shepherdson
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for the delay, Here is the pic
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
july mjj
Philippines
Cebu City
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i used mayday sleeves (non-premium) and it fitted in the insert tightly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harvie Jarriell
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup the Mayday Green non-premium sleeves fit the cards perfectly and still fit in the insert. Thanx for the idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David K.
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Spyre wrote:
Yup the Mayday Green non-premium sleeves fit the cards perfectly and still fit in the insert. Thanx for the idea.

Agreed. I used the same Mayday sleeves and they fit back in the insert.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Christiansen
United States
Mount Pleasant
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
OOK! OOK! OOK!
mbmbmbmbmb
I remove all inserts from boxes and this was no exception. I really liked it, but the third time I had to re-sort the components after transporting this to gamenight (only one time it was actually played) and I had enough. After bagging all components, you could sleeve until the world's end and it would fit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.