Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
87654321cba
badge
what's an overtext ?
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote from the rulebook :

"In addition, immediately before every movement step, the player must pay the fee listed on the active card to the bank. If multiple Challenge cards are active, the player pay the total of all the fees to the bank. If, at the start of any round, the player cannot afford a Challenge card’s fee, he immediately loses the game."

What ? Do you pay at the start of every round (before deciding to skip your movement phase or roll the dice),
or immediately before your movement step, meaning that you don't pay anything during rounds when you skip your entire movement phase ?

Or should they have written "immediately before every movement phase", witch would be the same as saying "start of every round" ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
You pay every round. I think they just wrote "step" like it was interchangeable with "phase".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
offthetrailsonacrazytank
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
87654321cba
badge
what's an overtext ?
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. You're probably right. But it makes me wonder if there's other places in the book where they confused movement step and movement phase...:what:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a timing question as well.

According to the rules, the challenge card becomes active at the beginning of the round on the card. I'm pretty sure there's always a card that starts at 1, so it starts your first turn. But then you have to pay the fee before every movement phase. So basically you have to pay the fee on the first turn before you even have the chance to do anything?

Am I reading that right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
That's my understanding as well. So make sure you pick an option that has starting credits!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sigmazero13 wrote:
That's my understanding as well. So make sure you pick an option that has starting credits!

Yah, almost guarantees that one of the choices is 50c. Otherwise, you better get lucky with the passenger or something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.