Michael H
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you barter your ship for a spaceport/factory deed token? I cannot find a rule that would disallow this (the "Barter" section page 20) action.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as I can tell you could, but you'd also have to have the buy actions and money to buy a new ship that turn as well. (see the "Ships" section on page 13). So you'd basically be bartering one ship for another, and then using any profits towards the factory/spaceport.

But I've been wrong before.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael H
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bruiser419 wrote:
As far as I can tell you could, but you'd also have to have the buy actions and money to buy a new ship that turn as well. (see the "Ships" section on page 13). So you'd basically be bartering one ship for another, and then using any profits towards the factory/spaceport.

But I've been wrong before.

So, "A player can only have one ship at a time" means a player must have ONE ship at all times. Therefore a player could not barter his ship away (leaving the player with zero ships) for a reduction in the cost of a starport/factory.

That sounds reasonable to me. I was unsure if you could barter your ship away (leaving you without a ship) for the win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Irving
United States
Salinas
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You must always have a ship--even at the end of the game. But otherwise, yes.

Yes, you can barter a Freighter for $150 to buy a Scout for $60 and use the remaining $90 can also be used to buy a spaceport deed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arsen Shogenov
Russia
Nalchik-Russia
Kabardino-Balkarian Republic
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There were some questions on Barter, Relics and Galactic base:

1 . How unwanted Relics on Galactic Base get?
My answer: they can get there ONLY by Barter: Relic+old Ship of the player in exchange for a new Ship.

a). As, first, except the Ship on Galactic Base more is on sale nothing, and Relics and Ship can be the Barter item on it ONLY.

b). Secondly, without the Ship the player can't remain in game.

c). In the third, as Barter of one item ALWAYS is considered for 1 Action of Sale, in "first" (on the turn when the player landed) a landing the player can take Barter of ONLY ONE item, i.e. an old Ship on a new Ship. Therefore to carry out Barter: Relic+old Ship on a new Ship (i.e. 2 items on 1 item), to the player it is necessary to wait on Galactic Base of the next turn!

Whether so it?

2 . Barter of 1 item is considered 1 Action of Sale (p. 20 rules). Question: I can give, in the course of Barter, 1 item, and to receive 2 for once (for one Action of Sale)? Judging by that (Richard Irving) is written in a post above - I can.

Whether so it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.