Subject: Any idea when we will see the "Watch it Played" of this? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Weston Ferguson
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
I'm getting an itchy trigger finger for the pre-order. Any guesstamation of any sort of date on this sucker?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oldschoolgamr
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
Are you standin' yet?
badge
Artwork: My Daughter
mbmbmbmbmb
WestonTheFox wrote:
I'm getting an itchy trigger finger for the pre-order. Any guesstamation of any sort of date on this sucker?

NOTE: I thought you were asking about the release date of the game, but after I wrote a bunch of stuff realized you may have been asking about the Watch It Played video - which I know will happen, but not when... I am going to go ahead and include my explaination of PHGs communication/preorder changes, as it may still be interesting to those that haven't heard...

After the fiasco with Mice and Mytics (promised a date and shipping woes and distribution via fulfillment agency slowed delivery beyond their control), PHG has drastically changed how they update the status of their games (as well as handling all preorders directly to assure they treat the hardcore fans the best they can).

The new production timeline communication system is a series of icons that tells you where the game is in the pipeline: concept, prototype, printing, on the boat, shipping, etc. (or something like that). The exact catagories were explain in the PHG newsletter that just started, although I couldn't find a link to the information or newsletter on the website (Joe/Colby can that info be more accessible/easier to find?).

It is a much better system then promising/guesstamating a date that people will EXPECT the game, as the production chain is to tempermental to accurately calculate this. The icons are similar to those used by other quality game publishers and I think will help people time their purchases/expectations without creating a sense of loss if the schedule stretches.

However, if you preorder direct, they are going to airship the game from production for preorders only - so preorders will be filled significantly before retail/online...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Wocken
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Freelance Game Graphic Designer
mbmbmbmbmb
oldschoolgamr wrote:
WestonTheFox wrote:

The new production timeline communication system is a series of icons that tells you where the game is in the pipeline: concept, prototype, printing, on the boat, shipping, etc. (or something like that). The exact catagories were explain in the PHG newsletter that just started, although I couldn't find a link to the information or newsletter on the website (Joe/Colby can that info be more accessible/easier to find?).

If you hold your cursor over the icons in the store it explains what each icon means. Right now it's the orange Manufacturing icon, which means "The product is currently being assembled by our manufacturer. This product will take 2-5 months to become available."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Davis
United States
Corona
California [CA]
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was talking to Rodney about the same thing
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/885195/reminds-me-of

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodney "Watch It Played" Smith
Canada
Montague
Prince Edward Island
flag msg tools
badge
Join us to learn and watch games played at youtube.com/watchitplayed
mbmbmbmbmb
I think PHG is wisely avoiding putting out specific dates, but this is a game I'm very keen to get a video up for, so when we know something concrete, we'll try to keep you posted.

This likely means, I'll update the day it shows at my door.

Which can't come soon enough.

I think running some gang warfare on our channel with the viewers is going to be a lot of fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Rouse
United States
Thibodaux
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After the costumes from Marvel, I am expecting gold chains, baggy jeans, and a convincing alien mask.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Montague
Prince Edward Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
adamxpaul wrote:
After the costumes from Marvel, I am expecting gold chains, baggy jeans, and a convincing alien mask.

Curses... I've created expectations!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
they dressed up? I stopped watching so I wouldn't get spoiled. what episode does that happen?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Montague
Prince Edward Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SeerMagic wrote:
they dressed up? I stopped watching so I wouldn't get spoiled. what episode does that happen?

In more than a couple, but usually just at the start of the episodes (didn't want to overdo it).

Episode 2 I'm especially fond of, and episode 6.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel H
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rodney displays the components for City of Remnants:
http://www.plaidhatgames.com/news/170
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Weston Ferguson
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
DANGIT, should of preordered earlier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Montague
Prince Edward Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's no video, but I did upload some pics of the early stages of play to BGG today.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.