The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game – Heirs of Númenor» Forums » Strategy

Subject: 1hp allies....too squishy? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Mlodzkoski
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The new 3 cost green gondorian seems like he could really pump your power curve. But the "damage all" stuff seems to be too expensive to keep up with. Anyone try it and have it working?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Saloff
United States
Edinboro
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
This is a rebellion, isn't it? I rebel.
badge
He's a card player, gambler, scoundrel. You'd like him.
mbmbmbmbmb
Grandmartoni wrote:
The new 3 cost green gondorian seems like he could really pump your power curve. But the "damage all" stuff seems to be too expensive to keep up with. Anyone try it and have it working?

I've had a few builds with cheap character swarms that I've REALLY liked and that have worked great. The key is to know your deck's weaknesses and plan ahead for them. In this case, just be sure to include counters like Eleanor or Test of Wills in those adventure cycles, or yeah, you'll have a bad day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Elias
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
I just played four two cost allies for 4 resources thanks to Master of Lore. It was awesome!
I find that the damage all allies enemy is rare enough that it's not something I worry about a ton. If you're playing more than one player you can usually just strategically pick who will take him. I just had him kill all my brother's allies and we still won PiP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.