Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Boos
United States
Falls Church
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought I woudl take a quick break while I was on Reserve Duty and mention taht I head a radio add for Apples to Apples! This I feel is a good way to get people interested in our hobby. Great ad - I hope it pans out...

I have zero knowledge really of the game thus far (I found a copy of the Junior version at a Thrift Store, but haven't played - waiting for my son to get older), but hoefully this exposure will get more people coming out to game mroe which will turn into more people exploring the industry...

So Thanks to John Tesh and Out of the eBox for bringing some awareness in a nice upbeat ad!

Paul

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue Guldal
United States
Brooklyn
NY - New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I saw a tv add for apples to apples! not sure, cuz I don't usually watch tv and end up just flipping channels when I do, so I might be wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mary Weisbeck
United States
Black Hawk
South Dakota
flag msg tools
"Blow up the damned ship, Jean-Luc!"
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the Sunday ads for a local store (Target?) showed Apples to Apples. I would think that'll get a lot of people trying it just because it's something different. So we wish a Merry Christmas to all those adventurous moms and dads.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Thorp
United States
Granite Falls
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"Come on! Come on! Come and get it, baby! Come on! I don't got all day! Come on! Come on! Come on you bastard! Come on, you too! Oh, you want some of this? "
mbmbmbmbmb
Great game! Too bad they couldn't get someone less goofy than John Tesh...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Cooper
United States
Lewisville
Texas
flag msg tools
Ask me how I got this badge early!
badge
Dexterity Games Guy for BGG.Con / GeekCoin # 318030
mbmbmbmbmb
berserkley wrote:
Great game! Too bad they couldn't get someone less goofy than John Tesh...

Maybe John Davidson will come out of retirement and flog this *and* Cathedral.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Holzman
United States
Seffner
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
As grey traces of dawn tinge the eastern sky, the three travellers, men of Willowdale, emerge from the forest's shadow. Fording the river, they turn south, journeying into the dark and forbidding lands of The Necromancer...
mbmbmbmbmb
Glenn Beck has been flogging Apples to Apples on his radio show for some time now. Granted, the only thing of note that he says during the plug is that it is better than Monopoly, but as the saying goes...there is no such thing as bad publicity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Moulton Jr.
United States
Portsmouth
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Lets hope that this sheds a positive light on gaming, and get people to buy games for the holiday!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Everyone is asking for this at the Local Walwmart, to which I send them to the FLGS, nearby, since of course wal-mart did not have any, and do not have any planned in the future shipments this year. Someone at Target got a smart idea placing this in their list of new games to bring to their stores. wal-mart might jump on the band wagon, but for now, only the FLGS and a religious store have copies. To chaotic for me whenever I play it, but I don't play many "party" games anymore. A few individuals are pushing it in some circles around here as well, that is the reason for the big influx of wants for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.