Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John blog
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
at the payers turn or at the time it is being outbid?

if it is on a player's turn, does that player move the outbid workers to a new location and then do his normal turn that are either 1)bid or 2)production?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Menlo Park
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
thisaliensean wrote:
at the payers turn or at the time it is being outbid?

if it is on a player's turn, does that player move the outbid workers to a new location and then do his normal turn that are either 1)bid or 2)production?

They move on the player's turn, if at all.

On your turn, you either bid on a tile using workers or allocate workers to activate a tile. The workers you use come either from behind your screen or from workers allocated to auctions where you are currently losing or both. If you include at least one worker from a given losing auction, you must include all workers allocated to that auction.

There is no separate movement of outbid workers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt R
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
All life is only a set of pictures in the brain, among which there is no difference betwixt those born of real things and those born of inward dreamings, and no cause to value the one above the other.
mbmbmbmbmb
And to confirm: you can move outbid workers even if you've previously passed in the round, correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bjørnar Løseth
Norway
Bergen
Hordaland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That has to be true, yes. Would be unplayable otherwise (IMHO).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Okolica
United States
Washington Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
enzo622 wrote:
And to confirm: you can move outbid workers even if you've previously passed in the round, correct?

Yes, the round doesn't end until both players pass consecutively (like an SR in 18XX). If you pass but one of the other players either bids or produces, you are free to take an action on your next turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph H. Anderson
United States
Prospect
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, if everyone passes and there are still outbid workers, those workers are recovered back to the owning player's screen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt R
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
All life is only a set of pictures in the brain, among which there is no difference betwixt those born of real things and those born of inward dreamings, and no cause to value the one above the other.
mbmbmbmbmb
Butterfly0038 wrote:
enzo622 wrote:

Yes, the round doesn't end until both players pass consecutively (like an SR in 18XX). If you pass but one of the other players either bids or produces, you are free to take an action on your next turn.

I really wish that were more explicitly explained in the rules. We've been playing once you pass you're out unless someone outbids you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Menlo Park
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This seems pretty clear to me:

In each season play proceeds clockwise until all players have passed in succession. Therefore a player who has passed may take further actions as long as all the other players did not also pass.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt R
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dkeisen wrote:
This seems pretty clear to me:

In each season play proceeds clockwise until all players have passed in succession. Therefore a player who has passed may take further actions as long as all the other players did not also pass.

[gets up to go check rulebook]
Nope. Not there. Lemme check again.... Oh. There. Down the bottom of the page on "start of season." What the hell is it doing there?

We've been scouring the "end of season" section where it only says the round ends when all players pass. Actually, this is a phenomenon that happens to me when I'm taught a game by someone else. I come home and "know" how to play, so I pick up the rules to refer to them when I have questions.

Thanks (again) Dave and Jimmy. blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Okolica
United States
Washington Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DragonCat wrote:
Also, if everyone passes and there are still outbid workers, those workers are recovered back to the owning player's screen.

Whoah! Where is that in the rules? I don't recall ever seeing that. We've been playing they go in the bag along with all the other bid workers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Okolica
United States
Washington Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
enzo622 wrote:

Thanks (again) Dave. blush

Hey, what about me?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt R
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Butterfly0038 wrote:
enzo622 wrote:

Thanks (again) Dave. blush

Hey, what about me?

Ha. Fixed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Butterfly0038 wrote:
DragonCat wrote:

Whoah! Where is that in the rules? I don't recall ever seeing that. We've been playing they go in the bag along with all the other bid workers.

It's the first rule under End of Season - the heading is "1. Unsuccessful Bids."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Okolica
United States
Washington Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tool wrote:
Butterfly0038 wrote:
DragonCat wrote:

It's the first rule under End of Season - the heading is "1. Unsuccessful Bids."

Wow! Just another example that it doesn't matter how many times you play a game, you may still be playing it wrong. Thanks so much!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.