Ferdinand Chan
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still not sure where my game is, just got some promo items without the core game, which means they are useless.

Have been waiting for this game for year and am really frustrated with the kick starter situation .

Does KickStarter provide a refund mechanism? Is there any way for me to simply request for refund?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
uniquefer wrote:
I'm still not sure where my game is, just got some promo items without the core game, which means they are useless.

Have been waiting for this game for year and am really frustrated with the kick starter situation .

Does KickStarter provide a refund mechanism? Is there any way for me to simply request for refund?

No, and as to the second, well you could email CGF. I hear that's a good way to idle away a few minutes.

B>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Somerton
Australia
North Ryde - Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
Duplicitous!
badge
I don't play to win - I play for enjoyment and social interaction.
mbmbmbmbmb
After seeing the game on-sale at most local stores for the past 3 months (for less than I paid as a KS supporter) and patiently waiting 16 months for a game I stumped the cash to support into production.

I'm excitedly looking forward to even more imaginative excuses as to why I won't have my game in time for Christmas...

Perhaps the ship carrying my copy has been attacked by Nigerian pirates and my game was taken hostage. Of course I can obtain a my copy by paying the ransom to this bank account number.

Or someone forgot to put it one the boat in the first place, but it will definitely be on the next boat... we promise. Delivery some time in 2013.

Or perhaps the ship hit somehow ran aground on the Great Barrier Reef, spilling oil and causing massive environmental devastation. The ship broke-up in a storm and the game went to Davey Jones' Locker. Unfortunately, the shipping line's insurance policy won't pay-out any compensation because the captain and crew were all involved in a drug-addled orgy on the bridge at the time and the ship was being piloted by an unauthorised 3 year old.

Or it has been delivered to the Australian warehouse but was severely water-damaged when a freak storm blew the roof off. They are happy to deliver another copy, if I pay for the postage.

Or we realised there was a problem with the printing process and my copy is the only one where all the cards are copies of the same card. Luckily, it was caught before leaving the factory and another print run scheduled. Unfortunately, they had already re-tooled the printing presses to print the Dexter version of Monopoly. But as soon as that is done, my copy will be re-printed and rapidly dispatched in the back of a dugout canoe. Hopefully the predicted typhoon won't affect the delivery time.

Or the postman was trying to deliver it to my house, but the rabid dog next door attacked him, and in the ensuing melee, he fell on the game and damaged it. The postal service will pay me insurance, if I complete 9 obscure and complex forms and hand-deliver them to separate offices in 4 different locations, during business hours all on the same day, in 3 different cities - then wait another 6 months for a cheque to arrive in the post, which won't be delivered because my postman is still on sick leave.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve McIlhatton
New Zealand
Palmerston North
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It does make a great case study for how to piss off your customers...

I'm waiting for my 2 copies to arrive... supposedly they were put on a boat... possibly just a random boat... or maybe thrown into the sea...

I was one of those "calm down folks, it's delayed.. you've got plenty of other games to play" guys earlier in the piece but the fact that non-KS folks picked up their copies 3 months ago for less is such a slap in the face...

Grarrr.. now I'm all angry again! angry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Stewart
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
It's sooo Hot out here...
mbmbmbmbmb
Innocent Bystander wrote:

I'm waiting for my 2 copies to arrive... supposedly they were put on a boat... possibly just a random boat... or maybe thrown into the sea...

I was one of those "calm down folks, it's delayed.. you've got plenty of other games to play" guys earlier in the piece but the fact that non-KS folks picked up their copies 3 months ago for less is such a slap in the face...

Are you guys still waiting for your copies????

I've already played it (not my copy), and decided the I.V. Artwork is much better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Polynesia
mbmbmbmbmb
Happy place... happy place. Kum bay ya....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter van der Helm
Netherlands
Deventer
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This asks for a badge; people still waiting for their copies to arrive..whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
In the meantime Uchronia has been released. You could buy that and play it while you wait. Different game and room enough for both in your collection, but similar enough to scratch some of that GtR itch...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A defanged GtR with dinosaurs. I'm not sure there is room in my collection for that. In the meantime, I've been getting a bunch of plays from my old I.V. copy.

B>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Somerton
Australia
North Ryde - Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
Duplicitous!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A badge?
The game box stuck in a web?

Or perhaps stuck in a vortex

I'm beyond being frustrated, annoyed or angry over this any more. It has just become a game where I'm trying to guess when the game may finally arrive.

Anyone care to place a small GG wager?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
thepackrat wrote:
A defanged GtR with dinosaurs. I'm not sure there is room in my collection for that. In the meantime, I've been getting a bunch of plays from my old I.V. copy.

B>

Not sure if you've played it, but that statement is a simplistic disservice to the game. While it is more accessible, it's also different in some keys ways with different mechanisms that have inspired some strategies I've been toying around with that wouldn't even be playable in GtR. It's not identical, and some may not like it, and some may indeed prefer GtR, but it's more interesting than you make it sound.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnnyDollar wrote:
thepackrat wrote:

B>

Not sure if you've played it, but that statement is a simplistic disservice to the game. While it is more accessible, it's also different in some keys ways with different mechanisms that have inspired some strategies I've been toying around with that wouldn't even be playable in GtR. It's not identical, and some may not like it, and some may indeed prefer GtR, but it's more interesting than you make it sound.

I mentioned the dinosaurs!

B>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan C
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep, to gain what he cannot lose."
mbmbmbmbmb
thepackrat wrote:

B>

Defanged GtR with dinosaurs? I don't know, where you have dinosaurs, you've got fangs. I present you, the Dwarf Fanged Dino!

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2012/10/121003-new-d...

If this isn't definitive proof that Uchronia has more teeth than Glory to Rome, I don't know what does. On the other hand, it is "odd" and "spikey", too.

(Please pick up on sarcasm, please pick up on sarcasm....)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mrs Smith
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
This is my chance to convey something meaningful! Darn. Wasted it.
mbmbmbmbmb
anomander64 wrote:
I'm beyond being frustrated, annoyed or angry over this any more. It has just become a game where I'm trying to guess when the game may finally arrive.

I'll bite...and for the sake of arguement I'll be optimistic. I'll bet 10 that it arrives before Christmas... (hmm, why does my pocket suddenly feel lighter...here's hoping the Aussie distributor already has our games and is just being quiet about it)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hisala Mander
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Innocent Bystander wrote:

And I criticised you people for saying that back then.
but I didn't want to be right for both our sakes

Still waiting- don't know why I thought Aus would get this at the same time or faster (maybe it was considering our proximity to the shipping origin)
Its been a year from the expected delivery date

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kämmen mein schnurrbart
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the US, if you use a credit card, you can often get them to do a chargeback, which gets your money back and is a black mark for the business.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chargeback

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Len
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"Your so-called kung-fu... is really... quite pathetic"
mbmbmbmbmb
uniquefer wrote:

Kickstarter provides zero protection for those who invest in a project. CGF could walk away and have provided nothing to us, and ....kickstarter would do nothing.

Yet another reason I am done with Kickstarter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Somerton
Australia
North Ryde - Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
Duplicitous!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tegs wrote:
anomander64 wrote:

I'll bite...and for the sake of arguement I'll be optimistic. I'll bet 10 that it arrives before Christmas... (hmm, why does my pocket suddenly feel lighter...here's hoping the Aussie distributor already has our games and is just being quiet about it)

C'mon Tegs. You gotta be a tad more specific than that. Choose a date.

I'm happy to throw 30GG into the pot as a sweetener for the winner.

The bet is: the date the game is delivered to my house. The person closest to, but not after the date, will win.

I'm predicting 4 January 2013. Yes, I'm an optimist.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mrs Smith
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
This is my chance to convey something meaningful! Darn. Wasted it.
mbmbmbmbmb
anomander64 wrote:
Tegs wrote:
anomander64 wrote:

The bet is: the date the game is delivered to my house. The person closest to, but not after the date, will win.

Aha, I see, you want more specific than someone in Australia (other than the mystery distributor) will receive a Kickstarter copy (and post about it on BGG)some time on or before December 25th? I thought even that generalised claim was a long shot!

Fine. . Since I've already said before Christmas, I'll put my money on your copy at your place on December 21st.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan " ; " Czop
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
anomander64 wrote:
Tegs wrote:
anomander64 wrote:

I will take you up on that as well. My guess is December 18th.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan " ; " Czop
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
uniquefer wrote:

Wait ... you're in Hong-Kong and you haven't received your copy?I thought the game was coming from China originally...that really isn't good...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Castle
Australia
Brunswick
VIC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I was quite excited back in the early days/months of The Great Wait. Then I was frustrated. Then angry. Then it was so long ago I actually forgot I had ever fallen for it. Then I remembered and went straight to frustrated. Then forgot again. Then I saw a discounted copy at Milsims and got angry all over again.

Now i've utterly lost interest in the game. If by some miracle it arrives before Christmas I'll pass it straight on as a family gift.

So this is kick Starter? Just the once for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leigh Ryan
Australia
Richlands
QLD
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
schloss wrote:
So this is kick Starter? Just the once for me.

No, no - this is bad Kickstarter. Just as we convince others to play with us by saying "Don't write all boardgames off because you don't like Monopoly", I would urge you to keep an open mind about the possibilities afforded us via crowdfunding sites such as Kickstarter.

As always though, buyer beware. They got us a beauty on this one, granted, but this is my first bad Kickstarter out of a few.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ferdinand Chan
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shikosaki wrote:
uniquefer wrote:

Wait ... you're in Hong-Kong and you haven't received your copy?I thought the game was coming from China originally...that really isn't good...

Yes I'm in Hong Kong, and the flight from Shang Hai to Hong Kong should be less than 3 hours, even if CGF send a footman to deliver the game by walking, they should have arrived couple months ago..

Not sure where my games are, might be they're traveling around the world, but for sure the round the world trip take more than 80 days soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary NcNeer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LineOf7s wrote:
"Don't write all boardgames off because you don't like Monopoly"

I am sorry, but I do not get this analogy. It is not a matter of liking Kickstarter, or other projects on Kickstarter. It is about the potential of being ripped off. Projects not being completed, or a service not being fulfilled has nothing to do with the fun factor of a game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.