Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Red Mage
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just 1 question I have after reading Shekhtur's overdrive closely then thinking how it'll affect Zaamassal, one of my mains.

Shekhtur's overdrive destroys all tokens and the unique ability, nasty for characters like Demitras. However, Zaamassal doesn't use tokens, his paradigms are cards. Also, he assumes his paradigms by his styles, not his unique ability.

In fact, if one reads it that way, losing his unique ability means he cannot lose his paradigms (by stun or assuming a new one), since the ruling on losing paradigms are by his unique ability.

Just what I think some people might view it as. Maybe something to put in a FAQ or somesuch?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Have we seen the official wording on Shekhtur's ODF, yet? There may be ways of wording it that would clear up that sort of question. Although an FAQ about a weird case like this is never a bad idea, either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
One Armed Bandit
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
By my reading, the very first line of his unique is "Zaam has five paradigm cards"

Erasing that means he has NO paradigm cards. The fact the cards exist IS his unique ability.

Therefore, when a style lets you assume a paradigm, it does nothing, because "assume a paradigm" is no longer a defined game term
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Red Mage
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Would that not mean her finisher's text is redundant because nearly all token using characters say that line for their tokens too? The way the finisher specifically says 'tokens' is something to think about.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Zabrowski
United States
West Allis
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, in the final version that might want to be changed to "character's kit" (via here instead of only referencing tokens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Red Mage
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aha, that'll remove all confusions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.