Mitko Simidchiev
Bulgaria
Sofia
flag msg tools
Check out our Bulgarian board games site BigBoxGamers.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys,

so this came up while I was playing Mr. Fixer against Plague Rat at the Pike Complex. I know that damage bonuses bonuses only apply at the source of the damage and do not get added again when damage gets redirected but what about damage reduction? Two scenarios here:

1. What if there is a board-wide damage reduction in play and someone deals me 3 damage, which gets reduced to 2, which I can then redirect via Mantis style back to them? Do I then deal 2 damage or 1?

2. If both I and the enemy have their own damage reduction and the above scenario happens and I redirect the 2 damage that would have been dealt to me, do I then only deal 1 to the new target?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Watson
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
mbmb
Redicrection acts as if the attack had always been aimed at the new target, so all modifiers are removed and reapplied using the new target as the target. This means that the global damage reduction is only applied once and reductions on you only have no effect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitko Simidchiev
Bulgaria
Sofia
flag msg tools
Check out our Bulgarian board games site BigBoxGamers.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh wow! So in that scenario if say Plague Rat has no damage reduction, but I do and he hits me for 3, which I reduce down to 2 and then redirect he will be dealt the full 3 damage? That's cool Thanks for the answer! Actually along those lines, I need to ask if it is in fact legal to reduce damage before redirecting it? Technically redirection happens if YOU WOULD BE DEALT DAMAGE and reduction happens upon DAMAGE DEALT. So was that a legal move at all?

Thanks again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Watson
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yup. That was legal for precisely the reason you state.
Frist you check the damage the original target would be dealt.
Then check , does this damage trigger redirection.
If it does, strip out all the modifiers and start again on the new target.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew McFarland
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just watch out for those "if, then" cards. Some say to deal damage when you take damage, which would only deal the damage you actually recieved (the reduced damage). Other cards, like Smoke Bombs, may redirect and reduce damage, which can even be redirected at yourself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Christensen
United States
California
flag msg tools
Does redirection damage get modified by the redirecting players bonuses?
So if mister fixer had the pipe wrench and harmony card in play would the redirected damage get a +2 to the damage or does he the damage just stay as strong as the original attacker made it?

I hope that makes sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew McFarland
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stays the same. Any redirected damage does the same amount of damage that would have been applied to the original recipient, minus any modifiers from the recipient themselves. Basically, redirecting damage is just changing the target of the damage, if that makes sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.