Andrew Fergus
United Kingdom
St.Austell
Cornwall
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I've just received a copy of the 1st edition of 7 Wonders in a trade. There are no rules (I knew that in advance) and I have printed off a copy of the 2nd edition rules from the Repos website.

On checking the components I find that my version is missing a number of components that the 2nd edition rules state should be there. I'm wondering if this is in fact a difference between the versions and not missing components. I could find nothing in the forums to show that the 2nd edition had a different component count.

What I have is:

20 gold wooden coins (2nd edition rules show 24)
30 silver wooden coins. (2nd edition rules show 46)
21 -1 tokens (22 mentioned in 2nd edition)
21 victory tokens 7x1, 7x3 and 7x5 (2nd edition shows 24 in picture)

The numbers make sense in that the game supports 7 players. I'm wondering if support for 8 players (expansion) was added to the 2nd edition, and if the coins have been increased as a result.

So, am I missing components?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The wooden coins were replaced by cardboard ones, that's why there are different numbers of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Clarke
England
Dursley
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I have first edition and I have 20 gold coins (wooden); 30 silver coins (wooden) and 21 -1 conflict tokens.
The above quantities match what the rule book says.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Fergus
United Kingdom
St.Austell
Cornwall
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
banzai123 wrote:
I think I have first edition and I have 20 gold coins (wooden); 30 silver coins (wooden) and 21 -1 conflict tokens.
The above quantities match what the rule book says.

Thanks, that's what I hoped for as it makes my game complete

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.