Warhammer: Invasion» Forums » Rules

Subject: The Greatswords: Question About Battlefield Zone rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Stevens
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
I protect the sheep in our society from the wolves.
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeff Chubb
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
and I were playing a couple games tonight, and he was using his Empire deck against my Orc deck. He had played a card called The Greatswords to his Battlefield. The card has the keyword FORCED which states

"After a unit enters this zone, The Greatswords gains power until the end of the turn"

Jeff played it and then played another of his units into his Battlefield area. During his Battlefield phase, he correctly gave The Greatswords plus one power because another unit entered the zone.

During my turn, I had played a few units into my Battlefield area and had moved onto the Battlefield phase. I was announcing that I was attacking his Battlefield area and declared my attackers. He declared his defenders and then stated "don't forget, The Greatswords get plus one power since you entered units into your Battlefield area this turn".

I told him that I thought the text of the card only referred to HIS Battlefield area and only applied when HE entered his units in his Battlefield area. He then went onto to say that both of our Battlefield areas make up the Battlefield Zone. I argued and tried to explain to him that we each had our OWN Battlefield Zone. I also tried to tell him that if the text of his card also applied to MY Battlefield Zone then it would use the term "Corresponding Zone".

We debated about it for awhile and I told him that I would post it on BGG for an answer. He did finally agree to not add the one power until we could get an answer. Can someone please give us an answer?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Danev
Bulgaria
Dimitrovgrad/Plovdiv
Haskovo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"After a unit enters this zone, The Greatswords gains power until the end of the turn"

You are right thumbsup
Note that Greatswords' action is self-activating, so this unit comes in play with +1P
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.