sup dude
msg tools
mbmb
Hello,

Was playing yesterday and realized still seem to not understand the full nuance of this game.

I have no range or seige attacks.
I decide not to block.

Assign damage phase.

I have the Ice Golems, with 4 physical resistance and 4 ice resistance. Blocking the swap dragons. Let me walk you through it.

Note:
4 physical resistance reduces attack to 1. The 4 ice resistance only reduces ice attacks so it had no affect.

The ice golems now must take two wounds because swamp dragons have poison and one damage remains. the 4 armour of the ice golems reduces attack to zero and my hero takes no damage.

==============================================================
Same scenario except I fight the ice dragon.

Note: the spell Chill cannot be used because it requires blue mana,and it is a spell(not attack or block), and the ice dragon has ice resistance.

now.
skip range and block.

assign damage.
ice golems reduce 6 ice attack to 2 ice . Since my unit has 4 armour the 2 ice plus paralyze kills the ice golems and the attack is reduced to zero. Leaving my hero un-paralyzed.

EDIT
Now I can attack.

Everything seem ok?

I think I have played altem guardians and reduced all damage to zero several times, not realizing that the resistances don't stack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pustilnik
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you did this right!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hammond
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The only thing I would say differently because it could lead to confusion is that the creature has 4 ARMOR and Ice resistance (don't remember if they have physical resistance too) but the armor only counts once so it is not 4 of one thing AND 4 of something else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sup dude
msg tools
mbmb
dlhammond wrote:
The only thing I would say differently because it could lead to confusion is that the creature has 4 ARMOR and Ice resistance (don't remember if they have physical resistance too) but the armor only counts once so it is not 4 of one thing AND 4 of something else.

Fixed thanks so much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hayes13 wrote:
dlhammond wrote:

Fixed thanks so much.

Only, you didn't fix it... whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike

Cincinnati
Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
In the 2nd scenario you blocked 4 of the 6 ice attack and then assigned only 2 of the left over attack to the unit? I thought it was all or nothing with block. Either you block the whole attack or it all goes through. Is this different with units?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hammond
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
First it isn't blocking it is absorbing damage. If the creature has resistance to an attack type it basically gets to absorb its armor in damage for free and then its armor again and get wounded (and other negative consequences of being wounded by that attack such as poison or paralysis).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike

Cincinnati
Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thank you for the clarification, I never noticed the absorb damage thing. I must have missed that rule.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.