Twilight Struggle» Forums » Rules

Subject: One small step... One big doubt rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Goyo L.
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmb
If you are one box behind your opponent in the space race and you play the card One small step, would you end up by his side in the same box or one box ahead of him?

I mean, when you move forward one box you are in the box of your opponent and no longer behind him, so I don't know if you keep on moving or you stop your movement.

Thanx!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristian Thy
Denmark
Taastrup
flag msg tools
Together, we are the United Nations
badge
Gunulfr ok Øgotr ok Aslakr ok Rolfr resþu sten þænsi æftir Ful, felaga sin, ær warþ ... døþr, þa kunungar barþusk.
mb
You end up one box ahead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olav Riediger
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
Alex crossing the Jaxartes... tricky endeavour.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure thing: One box ahead. Note that if there are no VPs awarded for getting to that box, you don't get any VPs for this move at all. What I mean is this: Say, for example, that your opponent is in a "2/1" box and you move past him by "One small step". You don't get the 1 VP, which would normally be awarded to the second player getting to the "2/1" box. Instead you only receive the special ability of the box you land in.

Another possible case is this: If your opponent is NOT on a VP box, but a special ability box, you will land on a box that DOES award VPs. So you get the amount of VPs which are normally awarded to the first player that reaches that box.

Hope this helps!

Cheers, Olav
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know that for me, one of the beauties of this game, is that even when I have a question about a card's text, my first impulse of how it's interpreted is usually spot on. They are pretty intuitive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.