Subject: Kingdom Death: Monster 1st Game play vid rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Hayford
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=mboZZ...

Looks freaking sweet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Clausing
United States
Winfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gameplay looks interesting. I still have my doubts about the interchangeable armor though.

What the frig was the monster at the very end of the video? They have some disturbing... And great looking monster figures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Bauer
United States
Smyrna
Georgia
flag msg tools
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
badge
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
mbmbmbmbmb
If I understand correctly, unless you want to get fancy with pins or magnets, you just craft your minis however you want to with glue and then paint them. So then you have a number of fixed survivor miniatures that never change and don't necessary reflect the equipment they have in the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Kingery
United States
Huntington Beach
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like we have a game with rules on our hands. Also looking like it will be fun to play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
mandingoman wrote:
Gameplay looks interesting. I still have my doubts about the interchangeable armor though.

What the frig was the monster at the very end of the video? They have some disturbing... And great looking monster figures.

Armor isn't interchangeable you just use a different figure depending on what kind of armor you have equipped.

The thing at the end is called Spidicules and apparently will give Silk as a resource if it's defeated. It's not listed on the Kickstarter tho so it may be an unannounced stretch goal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Cheektowaga
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like there might be a playable game in there. I am looking forward to the rest of the gameplay videos(s) to see what the other phases of the game are like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Donohue
United Kingdom
Newcastle upon Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
lordunborn wrote:
Looks like there might be a playable game in there. I am looking forward to the rest of the gameplay videos(s) to see what the other phases of the game are like.

im sitting on the fence for this very reason (well that and the international shipping :S)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Lloyd
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
Canadian Game Design Award: http://www.fallcon.com/design
badge
Canadian Game Design Award: http://www.fallcon.com/design
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree, I am on the fence as well.

Is there going to be terrain on the board, or just a bunch of squares?

Peace

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mikael peterson
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are some interesting ideas in the video.

Hopefully we'll get to see a higher level encounter, though, as some of the rules seem like they will scale poorly. Fighting the level 1 lion with a mood and an injury shouldn't be too hard to manage, but will the number of status cards remain manageable?

I'm also curious about weapon parameters. Speed, Accuracy, and Damage are good foundations, though I did notice an unexplained 'physical' trait. Does the trait interact with armor (magic weapons ignore toughness? poison weapons apply a status rather than direct damage? invulnerable armor ignores all traits?)? Warhammer 40k uses a similar mechanic and can get really fiddly in some cases.

At first I wasn't that interested in the AI system, but this implementation is actually pretty intriguing and could lead to brutal endgames with some monsters (or, alternately, a slow wind down to a mercy kill).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Lee
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thunder wrote:
I agree, I am on the fence as well.

On the fence too. The minis look awesome, but to me the combat seems a bit complicated with all of the special circumstances. It is unique, but seems like it needs some fine tuning.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Weinstein
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tlee33 wrote:
On the fence too. The minis look awesome, but to me the combat seems a bit complicated with all of the special circumstances. It is unique, but seems like it needs some fine tuning.

I'm on the fence too, but for different reasons. The amount of complexity so far is a 1 on a scale of 1-10 to me. But my background comes from min-maxing DnD characters, and having large battles that require large amounts of tactics to survive. I'm personally hoping that more complexity is added to fights!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Munch
Denmark
Lystrup
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
300 dollars for a game including expansions is also holding me back a bit.. I want it both for the amazing miniatures, but also the different game.. But no way i can spend that much on a game with gameplay I don't know anything about!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.