Andrew Massengale
United States
Bensenville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
How 'bout them Cowboys?!
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got this game last night, and played a few times with my wife, who LOVED it. It's a great game for spouses who aren't die-hard gamers. Also, her love of Clue also probably contributed to her liking this game as well. However, I can see one drawback developing over time: the fixed setup. I'm assuming the game designers created this setup because it's the "most balanced" or whatever, but does anyone else have any other setups? I know you can do it randomly, but since it's possible for Jack to win very quickly, I'm not sure how good that idea is. Even just 2 or 3 additional setups would add more a lot more replay-ability in my opinion.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nacho DC
msg tools
The expansion added a draft based setup, like the card pick in game rounds, in wich each player choose the position for his character.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Massengale
United States
Bensenville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
How 'bout them Cowboys?!
mbmbmbmbmb
irvindc wrote:
The expansion added a draft based setup, like the card pick in game rounds, in wich each player choose the position for his character.

Ooh, sounds yummy. I guess that answers my question about how good the expansions are for this game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hey, I've created a video channel! Hover over my avatar to get more info! :) - Josh -
Canada
Cambridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
My video channel has a Facebook page - Find it by searching "Josh Yaks page" on Facebook
badge
Find my video channel on YouTube as "Josh Yaks"!
mbmbmbmbmb
massenburger wrote:
irvindc wrote:

Ooh, sounds yummy. I guess that answers my question about how good the expansions are for this game!

Mr. Jack Extension adds nearly infinite replayability to the base game through player-generated character setups and several new characters with their own unique abilities that can be swapped in and out with the base game characters. If you love the base game, you can't go wrong picking it up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.