Brian Cox
United States
Sugar Land
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Is the gentleman with the BroStache invited to this party?
mbmbmbmbmb
So I've been a member of BGG for a few years now and have only heard good things about CoolStuffInc.

It took me a while to understand the benefits of the free shipping over $100 when I'm an Amazon Prime member. (Turns out CSI is a few bucks cheaper on games and has more games in stock.)

Then I found out about their buy-back program and sold a bunch of Magic cards for store credit.

So now I have a couple hundred bucks credit to spend at CSI, but I'm also participating in a few of the Secret Santa Gift Exchanges here on BGG. I keep seeing games I want go on sale at CSI, and I'm holding off in case Secret Santa also gets them for me, but then the games go out of stock a day or two later (Yikes!)

I have contacted CSI through there website twice in the past two weeks asking about their ability to restock a few of the games I'm interested in and I have not heard peep back. Is this common for CSI around this time of year?

I have heard almost unanimously positive things about CSI's customer service in the BGG forums, so I'm a little hesitant to post this, but seriously, it's been over a week and a half since my first attempt to contact them, and the page where you submit a question says specifically that they will get back to you within 24 hours. I don't need a 24 hour turnaround, but I would like to hear back some time.

EDIT: Heard back from the yesterday. I had to email their provided address rather than use the online contact form on the site. I did not get an indication that the site form was working or not, but they did get back to me through the direct email.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Anyone else not hearing back from CoolStuffInc lately?
fuzzydice82 wrote:
I have contacted CSI through there website twice in the past two weeks ... and I have not heard peep back.

they did redesign their website relatively recently... the website contact form could have problems... suggest trying direct email (info@... I think) and/or calling....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon C.
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I contacted them yesterday about an order adjustment, and they got back to me same day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Cox
United States
Sugar Land
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JeffyJeff wrote:
fuzzydice82 wrote:
I have contacted CSI through there website twice in the past two weeks ... and I have not heard peep back.

they did redesign their website relatively recently... the website contact form could have problems... suggest trying direct email (info@... I think) and/or calling....

Thanks. I did notice the redesign, and that's probably the reason. I'll let them know in my next email.

EDIT: For further clarification of my issue, I was using their website email contact form and not emailing directly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've found their response times do vary. If you want a quick response, just call them. Their phone number is right on their Contact Us page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Chipman
United States
Zephyrhills
Florida
flag msg tools
in my experience with csi, i've found that general inquiry emails have a significantly lower priority than order related emails. for example, if i email them about a damaged box or missing item, i'll typically get a response with a few hours. however, if i ask what the lead time is on getting a particular item back in stock it may take several days before i hear something.

if you need an immediate answer, your best bet is to call them. they're a friendly lot and will get you squared away.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Waldbauer
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I imagine that answering and addressing a concern with an order is something they can do easily. (And from what I heard they are very good about it)

Asking about when something becomes available is a very tough question to answer. There are a lot of factors outside their control. I know that they aim to restock anything they are out of as soon as possible. But that restock depends on other companies.

As a company aiming to please people (CSI), I'd want to be very careful how I answered an email about when something will come back in. Since you can't really guarantee anything.

That said, you should still at least expect a minimal reply to your email!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Smuda
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmb
I had an issue with an order this weekend- missing component. Sent in a request via the web form on Saturday, got a reply on Sunday directing me to the manufacturer. Granted, since my issue was not directly resolvable through order changes etc. it may have been treated as 'low-hanging fruit' during whatever triage they do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Bingle
United States
ORLANDO
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I never received a reply to my last two attempts to contact them...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
bingle wrote:

would be more useful if you elaborated on when and how you've tried to contact them those 2 times....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Bingle
United States
ORLANDO
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JeffyJeff wrote:
bingle wrote:

would be more useful if you elaborated on when and how you've tried to contact them those 2 times....

Both since the redesign - both via the webpage

I'm pretty sure that they were received, though as one was about my account and it was addressed (just never received any communication back about it).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Cox
United States
Sugar Land
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just as a follow-up, I heard back from them yesterday.

I had to email their provided address rather than use the online contact form on the site. I did not get an indication that the site form was working or not, but they did get back to me through the direct email.

I don't know if they're just busy at this time (obviously), my question wasn't a priority (probably), or that I'm on a two week string of the Universe putting me on a weird roller coaster where things are going my way one day and then really not going my way the next (possibly).

Good luck to the others who posted with similar issues.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Bingle
United States
ORLANDO
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I received a pleasant phone call from Cory this evening. He asked me to send some tests via the web contact form and follow-up with an email so that they can check to see if they were received.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.