Subject: Is a two player game fun. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Theek Eelmach
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
I want to buy Descent and Mansions of Madness but it will mostly just be me and my wife playing alone. Are both of those games fun with two people? Is one but not the other? Or should I keep looking?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Faced with the choice I would go with Descent, but it does depend on why you want either of the games?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Lobotnik wrote:
Faced with the choice I would go with Descent, but it does depend on why you want either of the games?

This. Two player games are a ton of fun.... for one thing, they're pretty much the only ones that eurogamers will tolerate player elimination. A good two player game is a battle of wills. Also, less downtime!

Having said all that, 3/4 of the time I'd rather go with an awesome group boardgame over an awesome 2player one. Don't get me wrong, the difference is minimal. It's like the difference between seeing a great movie with a friend or a group of friends. As I'm married and my wife is the person I can play games with easiest, I still do get a really good gaming fix from a good 2 player game like Agricola or Through the Ages.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Moore
United States
Savannah
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't like Descent until I played as 2 player. The odds are stacked against the Heroes and they need to work very well together as a group. Can't work better than playing the whole group yourself.

Also take a look at Claustrophobia

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Dale-not-Chip wrote:

Also take a look at Claustrophobia

Also this. Looks like the go-to Dungeon Crawler, whether your wife is a hardcore gamer or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawcomic
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
The stuff that dreams are made of...
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think Mansions would do well two player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Theek Eelmach
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
Why not MoM two player?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawcomic
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
The stuff that dreams are made of...
mbmbmbmbmb
The set up is really a co-op against one player. The teamwork aspect is lost in a one on one game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.