Box of Delights
United Kingdom
Neston
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
Visit me at www.boxofdelights.net
mbmbmbmbmb
On my goodness, I have a question already on the First Test Run !

** SPOILER WARNING**

The resolution round section in "Lesson 4" says "On turn 2 Pulse Ball reaches the X square" so it's firing before you've had a chance to take it down with 3 actions. Now I can't figure this out. I have checked the FAQ which mentions the Stealth Fighter, but not this. X square is 5 squares away from the start square on T6, which is approaching the Blue Zone where Pulse Ball comes out. Pulse Ball has a speed of 2. So how does this work out ? I can hit this thing on turns 2 and/or 3 before it reaches X, so the walkthrough has me at a loss...

Am I being a muppet ? Have I missed something somewhere ? I searched the forums and can't see any sign...

Help???

thanks, Rick.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Chien
United States
Rancho Cucamonga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It sounds like you have the wrong trajectory track. The Pulse Ball will always get off the first shot (thereby zapping all of your shields for one point) before you can kill it.

It should be coming in on a shorter track, like T4.

Edit: I need to go home and check my rulebook there. I agree with you, the rulebook seems to be in error, however in the many, many first runs I've done or taken people through, the pulse ball always gets the first shot off before we can kill it.

Cameron
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Box of Delights
United Kingdom
Neston
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
Visit me at www.boxofdelights.net
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Cameron... I figured that I might too, and I checked, double-checked, and checked again. Page 3 says "Take .. T4, T2, and T6" from left to right (so T4 Red, T2 White, T6 Blue).

So now I checked the online handbook (http://czechgames.com/files/Space_Alert_handbook_EN.pdf) and it has them the other way around ! (so T6 Red, T2 White, T4 Blue)

Maybe I have an old rulebook...

Sorted!

Bye, Rick.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.