Popular Tags: [View All]
Julien Griffon
France
Nantes
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I lied... there will be one more Kyoto Game Day.
I wasn't planning on organising one, but the perspective of not having a proper game day in December wasn't really appealing. I couldn't get the usual rooms, so I went for the cheap, unconvenient place near the Heian Jingu (Point 8).

You can get there by riding:
- bus # 206 from Kyoto Station to Higashiyama-nijo.
- bus # 32 or 201 from Shijo Karasuma to Higashiyama-nijo

Here is a map from the crossroads were the buses stop.

We have the room on Sunday 23, December, from 10 am to 5 pm and I won't be asking for any money, since the room is so cheap.

Games to be played include Dominant Species and Nuns on the Run.
Add your own games if you're planning to come: What games will you bring to the Last Kyoto Game Day?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diz Hooper
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Rooks
Japan
Kobe
Hyogo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What day will it be?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Griffon
France
Nantes
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
blush

It will be on the 23rd. Unfortunately too late for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Rooks
Japan
Kobe
Hyogo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For shame. When in January are you leaving?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Griffon
France
Nantes
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We're leaving Kyoto around the 11th and Japan on the 18th.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diz Hooper
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
captncavern wrote:
We're leaving Kyoto around the 11th and Japan on the 18th.

Yikes. So soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Griffon
France
Nantes
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We're both feeling sad to leave now, but starting a new life in a new place is exciting too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diz Hooper
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I checked up on some Nuns on the Run rules.

We were doing it wrong. Once a nun is out of the line of sight of the abbess or prioress, then they have the option of flipping their card to on the run. The upside is that you would be able to start running again. The downside is that if you were only able to get two or three spaces away, you would still have to do a sound check at the end of your turn if you are on the run. This would make it easy for the abbess or prioress to hear you, so if you were unlucky, it would lead to a possible second capture, which would help the abbess and prioress towards their victory conditions. In that case, you might want to choose staying caught for a turn until you're a safe distance away to run again.

The second thing that we were playing wrong was that the abbess and prioress change their facing at the beginning of a move not at the end. That means that Josh shouldn't have been pinned in that room for so long. He would have had the chance to slip out from behind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan&Linda Thomas
Japan
Moriguchi-shi
Osaka-fu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thdizzy wrote:
I checked up on some Nuns on the Run rules.

We were doing it wrong. Once a nun is out of the line of sight of the abbess or prioress, then they have the option of flipping their card to on the run. The upside is that you would be able to start running again. The downside is that if you were only able to get two or three spaces away, you would still have to do a sound check at the end of your turn if you are on the run. This would make it easy for the abbess or prioress to hear you, so if you were unlucky, it would lead to a possible second capture, which would help the abbess and prioress towards their victory conditions. In that case, you might want to choose staying caught for a turn until you're a safe distance away to run again.

The second thing that we were playing wrong was that the abbess and prioress change their facing at the beginning of a move not at the end. That means that Josh shouldn't have been pinned in that room for so long. He would have had the chance to slip out from behind.

Both of which make sense...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.