Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Julian Jimenez
United States
Antioch
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I was curious, in the vids and pictures that I see of the game, they all have a mix of different color dice. Is this intentional and is the game supposed to come with different colored dice like that?

Or is it all completely randomly picked? If so, I got the very vanilla pick. All white.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The dice colors make no difference in the game. I'm pretty sure they just pack them with whatever we have the most of at the time...

Alan Emrich
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Richards
United Kingdom
Woking
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alan Emrich wrote:
The dice colors make no difference in the game. I'm pretty sure they just pack them with whatever we have the most of at the time...

Alan Emrich

Ordered my boxed copy the other day, can't wait to replace the dice with my gunmetal and brass ones

But seriously, the game looks awesome, cant wait to try it out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Robinson
United States
Neptune City
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The dice weren't specific, just enough so you don't have to keep asking for the dice on your turn for those who like to horde them. I prefer 12mm size dice anyway so I just buy blocks of 36 dice by Chessex for $6+ and theme all my games with specific colors. I also trim the edges of the bottom bases in different sizes for a clipping jig for my counters

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davide Banchini c/o SELED
Italy
Faenza
Ravenna
flag msg tools
badge
mb
In my copy I got 5 different colors.
Not really necessary, but can be useful for some powers, for example the Scholar Find Weakness power where you choose a die for a +1 before rolling, so you can say, the blue die has a +1 and roll all the dice (in case you roll more than 1 die). It's on the rules, page 12.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Jimenez
United States
Antioch
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I figured the colors didn't really matter for the gameplay. I was just curious cause all the pics and vids I saw seemed to show one green, white, red, black, and blue die. I figured that might have been the pre-determined color of the dice. Woulda been kinda nice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sgt. Elias
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only reference that comes to mind about using a different colored dice in the manual is on page 12, [15.4] bottom paragraph:

"You may find it helpful to use a differently-colored dice for this tactic (Find Weakness), so you can roll all dice at once without getting them confused."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Jimenez
United States
Antioch
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Awwww. I just now saw that they sold the larger dice separately as well. Wish I would have though of/seen that before when I placed my last order.I rather like their new dice.

Wonder if they will start making dice towers to accommodate their 12mm dice?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.