Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe G
United States
long island
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i have looked high and low and i cannot find this expansion anywhere.
well, affordable at least. it is on ebay for a lot of money but i don't see it on sale anywhere else.

does anyone know about a reprint or any good source for a not $100 version of the game?

i have been playing AGoT:2e with my friends since february and have gotten significantly addicted to it and would love to play this variant

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Martin
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
1 Million Shogoths Killed and Counting.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, Joe welcome to BGG.

The quick answer is NO. The reason it is on Ebay for a lot of money is because it is hard to get. I love AGOT and soon after it went out of print I started searching for the expansions. It took me almost 2 years to find one that wasn't going for an outrageous price. I found a person willing to sell it for $50.

Good Luck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Mahaffey
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
GAME ARTIST
badge
GAME ARTIST
mbmbmbmbmb
Honestly, I don't think this one worth the trouble. I love AGOT, this one just felt tacked-on to me, esp. if you can fill out the regular 5-6 players...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dypaca
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was surprised to hear this described as 'tacked-on' since in 4 player it replaces a third of the components from the base game (including the board). But I suppose it can be true in the sense that the new elements do not blend into the base game as naturally as something like siege engines.

If you are always going to play with your regular 5/6 player group, this expansion might be a disapointment. The leaders and tactics give alot of interesting options, but that can also slow down the 6 player game. If you are able to play with 4 players though, I highly recommend this game.

You might also try the fan-made 6 player storm of swords: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/335130/six-player-storm-... I have never played it, but it looks well made.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Schuster
Germany
Bretten
Baden-W├╝rttemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am from another camp. I think only with this expansion the game really shines. It adds yet another layer of complexion which does not just make it more complicated but eventually alot more interesting.

Once we played ASOS, we hardly played the base game anymore. It was just too boring for me without leaders, tactic cards and allies.

Since you cannot win by just military might anymore but need to pursue a political path as well, its much truer to the books and finally a complete game with this expansion. Its also much better balanced.

You dont really need the first expansion, but ASOS is great. My opinion is that if you can get your hands on a box, go for it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Schuster
Germany
Bretten
Baden-W├╝rttemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed. I co-designed this 6 player mod with Haggis and played it quite a bit. Its one of my greatest game experiences ever. Such a deep game, dripping with theme and so little randomness.

I dont get the tacked on either, because for me, ASOS is all that AGOT should have been in regards to the world it is set in. The base game hardly touches that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dvonn Yinsh
Canada
Etobicoke
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
West2 wrote:
Honestly, I don't think this one worth the trouble. I love AGOT, this one just felt tacked-on to me, esp. if you can fill out the regular 5-6 players...

Totally disagree. For our group, ASoS is the real deal. It feels fully developed. And the issue of map balance of the base game is not there. After playing ASoS, my group doesn't feel like going back to vanilla AGoT.

Get your hands on a copy if you can. It is worth it.

YMMV.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe G
United States
long island
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thank you for your warm welcome and your advice.

i honestly forgot i posted this until i came back to read about the expansion a little more because my friend just WON IT ON EBAY!! for only $63. so i am stoked! i actually watched the last 20 seconds of the auction from my work computer to watch him win it.

after seeing these responses i am even more excited. our group is 3-4 players, we have made our own 3 player (3 player 6 family, each person gets 2 families greyjoy/stark, tyrell/lannister or baratheon/martell) and 4 player (southern battle explained here http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/881574/southern-4-player)to go with the GOT:2E. so i think this expansion will definitely be good for our little group. getting 5 or 6 people is really hard for us, plus anyone that sees the game says "that looks hard." so its hard to get anyone to be dedicated/interested to playing.

so you will probably be hearing from my in the next couple weeks more in this forum trying to get my bearings on this expansion.

and i would love to play that 6 player mod, or the other 9 player ADWD mod i saw but it's probably realistically impossible to get 9 bodies around a table to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GrobAegon the Conqueror
msg tools
Well the aSoS expansion is everything it was advertised and more. At first the game/board was very intimidating, but as we settled in to the game and understood the rules better we really started to enjoy this expansion. Our group (I am part of the group nob0dyisfree has been discussing) has embraced this game 100%, so glad I bought it, and thanks to all the readers for their comments. I'm uber pumped to have such an awesome forum at our disposal for rules and strategy discussions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.