Subject: Nerf to Main Batteries? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is unusual in where I've never seen any house rules to the Pegasus locations, just Peggy herself. Someone found it "off" that Main Batteries can be exploited by using it only when there's no risk of damaging vipers or civvies. A proposal of if the targeted sector didn't have vipers nor civvies, then the next nearest sector (going counter-clockwise or current player chooses) loses a friendly of that type, if available. I don't quite agree with this, as you still need to pay to move to Peggy, and Peggy ends up being a damage sponge that it's not uncommon to find Main Batteries damaged anyways.

THoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Watne
United States
Burlington
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Good times.
mbmbmbmbmb
"You can't kill frakkin' toasters with Nerf, gods damn it!"
- Saul Tigh arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ossian Grr aka "Josh"
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Why discourage people even more from using the Pegasus locations with house rules that make them weaker?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel like this tweak sidesteps an intended piece of the design. The Main Batteries is useful as a pre-emptive measure, but it's risky to use as a last-ditch kind of thing. This would just make it risky to use all of the time.

Unless you and your group find the Main Batteries being overused (and I honestly can't imagine that situation coming up), I don't see the point of a nerf to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dexter345 wrote:
I feel like this tweak sidesteps an intended piece of the design. The Main Batteries is useful as a pre-emptive measure, but it's risky to use as a last-ditch kind of thing. This would just make it risky to use all of the time.

Unless you and your group find the Main Batteries being overused (and I honestly can't imagine that situation coming up), I don't see the point of a nerf to it.
The groupthink is taking out 2 or 4 raiders can be huge... that's certainly an extreme towards the risk/reward.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.