Gerry M
msg tools
Hello All:

I have the computer game but I thought I would ask here as the boardgame has been out longer. I saw a post that said that the first 4 firefights are meant to be training scenarios.

Can someone elaborate on what I should be learning from each one? I really don't know and don't have an experienced player I know who can explain what to be looking out for.

I imagine if I don't learn these things I will be having less fun with the system.

Thanks in advance,

Gerry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Helo for Noob - understanding COH (Training Scenarios)
You need to read the rulebook. The game is set up so you read a section of rules then play a scenario, then read more and play the next scenario.

It is not a training in the sense that it teaches you. It is training in that you don't need all of the rules to play those scenarios.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanks Alot
United States
Fort Mill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
go2 Youtube Historical Gaming
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a good intro
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QakwbKtZ-_4
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerry M
msg tools
It looks like I misunderstood the post I referred to. I thought there were specific tactics you needed to apply to win these first 4 scenarios. Looks like that is not true. Rather the rulebook is of the programmed instruction format (the manual for the computer game is very short on the rules of the game). I have been using the POH rulebook to learn what is under the hood. (I read that the POH rulebook is the latest. Is that correct?)

Thanks,

Gerry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Up Front fan | In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this | Combat Commander series fan | The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me! | Fields of Fire fan
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
The latest is now the Atb 2nd edition rulebook, available for download from the Academy site once you've registered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Spinella
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The CoH The Awakening the Bear Second Edition rulebook is the latest. The game site is located here: http://academy-games.com/games/conflict-of-heroes/awakening-...

The rules are here: http://academy-games.com/games/conflict-of-heroes/awakening-...

I also came to the board game from the PC game and found the latest rules version well done and easy to pick-up. I'm still waiting on my pre-order of the physical came to come through.

I hope this helps and welcome to a great game system in my opinion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.