Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Pustilnik
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As of 14:30 Eastern Standard Time December 4, we are still short a couple team captains. So, I am reposting here in the hope of getting more sign-ups. If you are an experienced player, and are interested in debating strategy in a public forum, you may want to consider joining the game as a Team Captain. Each Team Captain will make the final decisions for one of the four rounds of the game.

The point of this PBF game will be to play a game of 2-player Mage Knight in a public forum, that will be interesting and instructive to all. The cards held by the team will be public knowledge to everyone in the world except for the one opponent. Strategy discussion of the plays of the team will be encouraged. Any team member and any spectator is welcome to suggest possible plays for the team in the discussion thread. Here is how it will work:

The single opponent will be David desJardins. Dave will be opposed by a team of four experts, and the team will also be receiving advice from the public. It will be a 4 round scenario, 2-player Druid Nights. For each round, a different team member will be designated to be the Team Captain, for that round only. The Team Captain will make all final decisions during each round.

There will be 2 threads; the game thread and the discussion thread. The game thread will be for the posting of official orders by the Team Captains, and by Dave. The game thread will contain the current game state, updated by myself as often as possible. No posts containing orders should ever be edited in the game thread. If a poster makes a mistake, he should submit a new post to correct it. If Dave or a Team Captain posts "End of Turn" in the game thread, no reverts will be allowed. If it is the last turn in the round, and Dave or the team forgot to spend an Illusionist to get a white crystal, then that is just too bad! No white crystal! Only Dave and the current Team Captain are allowed to post orders on the game thread, and their decisions will be considered final once new information is revealed, or once they post "end of turn", or otherwise "pass priority" to the opponent.

The discussion thread will contain all information known to the team. Dave has agreed that he will not read the discussion thread until after the game is over. It will be on the honor system; I am 100% confident that Dave will not cheat. The cards held by Dave will be geek mailed to him privately. The cards held by the team will be posted to the discussion thread. Team Captains are encouraged to seek the advice of team members and the general public, and to discuss strategy in the discussion thread, but no where else. This way, the teams' hand will be kept secret from Dave.

The scenario is 2-player Druid Nights, PvP allowed, with random tile orientation. Marks on glades may be erased. 2 heroes will be chosen randomly, then heroes will be auctioned between those two. (I want there to be a possiblility of something other than another Arythea vs. Goldyx matchup.)

Anyone interested in becoming a Team Captain should geek mail me privately before 2200 Eastern Standard Time tomorrow and declare their interest. I will select the team mostly (but not entirely) at random from those interested.

Edit: By the way, anyone is free to express interest in becoming a Team Captain, even if you are not sure you are an expert. You may be better than you think you are! And, the Team Captains will be receiving plenty of advice in the discussion thread.

I will under no circumstances disparage or ridicule the playing ability of anyone who expresses interest in becoming a Team Captain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pustilnik
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Still only 2 Team Captains are signed up! The two who signed up are definitely in if we can get two more. I can wait until Thursday; if there is still not enough interest by then, this project will be regretfully abandoned, and this thread will be deleted. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MikePustilnik wrote:
I will under no circumstances disparage or ridicule the playing ability of anyone who expresses interest in becoming a Team Capitan.

Maybe that's my job, to mock my opponents (just before they crush me).

Anyway, why is "captain" spelled as "capitan" 13 different times? Did you run this through a spelling anticorrector? Or is there some pun I'm not recognizing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pustilnik
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
Anyway, why is "captain" spelled as "capitan" 13 different times? Did you run this through a spelling anticorrector? Or is there some pun I'm not recognizing?

Because I can't spell?

Okay, I corrected them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Plei Forejoy
Singapore
flag msg tools
This space for rent!
badge
Painting all these miniatures is starting to crimp my time...
mbmbmbmbmb
MikePustilnik wrote:
DaviddesJ wrote:

Because I can't spell?

Okay, I corrected them.

Captain (en), Kapitän (de/pl), Capitán (es), ...

Mayhaps the influence of hearing the pronounciations in other languages is at play...

Anyways, if this game is on, I will mingle amongst the peanut gallery (and perhaps throw a few nuts!).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pawel Bulacz
Poland
Kraków
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As I'm one of the captains and I'm from Poland I shall be called "Kapitan"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pustilnik
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The good news is that we should have the four Capitans or Captains or Hauptmanns or Kapitans, or . . . anyhow, we have the four we need.

One of the volunteers indicated that he would sign up only if he was absolutely needed as a fourth captain. So, I am still holding the last captain slot open for one more day in case someone else wants it. But since we now have four Team Captains, the game will start tomorrow night.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pustilnik
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

It is time to get ready to start the game!
Team Captains:
Round 1: stybba00
Round 2: pabula
Round 3: polychrotid
Round 4: ripptor

vs.

DaviddesJ

The two heroes available for the auction are: 1custom4{Arythea;Goldyx;Norowas;Tovak} -> ( Arythea) -> Arythea1custom4{Arythea;Goldyx;Norowas;Tovak} -> ( Goldyx) -> Goldyx

The first to act in the auction is the last to select a tactic in round 1: 1custom2{David;Team} -> ( David) -> David
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 224385. MikePustilnik
  • 1custom4{Arythea;Goldyx;Norowas;Tovak} =
  • ( Arythea) =
  • Arythea
  • Fri Dec 7, 2012 12:15 am
  • [+]
  • 224386. MikePustilnik
  • 1custom4{Arythea;Goldyx;Norowas;Tovak} =
  • ( Goldyx) =
  • Goldyx
  • Fri Dec 7, 2012 12:15 am
  • [+]
  • 224387. MikePustilnik
  • 1custom2{David;Team} =
  • ( David) =
  • David
  • Fri Dec 7, 2012 12:17 am
Michael Pustilnik
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So much for avoiding another Arythea vs. Goldyx soblue

Dave gets to choose a hero to bid zero on.

Edit: The map will be revealed and hands will be distributed after the hero auction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duke Of Lizards
United States
Montpelier
Vermont
flag msg tools
Livin's mostly wasting time, and I waste my share of mine
badge
I am a breathing time machine
mbmbmbmbmb
Captain for round 3 reporting for duty. Good luck to you, David.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Person Playing
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Good luck David
And even more importantly, enjoy the match!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for the delay getting started. Also, I'll be on a flight tomorrow. I don't have a strong preference between these heroes. Since I just played Goldyx last weekend, I'll bid zero for Arythea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Chung
msg tools
mbmb
I will pass on Arythea and choose Goldyx
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pustilnik
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

First to select a tactic is:

Second to select a tactic is:

Cards are on the way . . .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm waiting for the Team to choose/discuss Tactic selection, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pustilnik
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
I'm waiting for the Team to choose/discuss Tactic selection, right?

Yes, you are waiting for the team to choose. The discussion is still in progress.

This is what I had hoped for when I started the game; strategy discussion that may be of benefit to beginning and intermediate players who would like to improve their game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Chung
msg tools
mbmb

I will choose Early Bird
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Great Start.

First player:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Chung
msg tools
mbmb
[q="stybba00"]

Play Stamina with Gold die for move 4, Move E, NE to monastery

End turn

Reroll gold to: 1custom6{iid:1197625;iid:1197624;iid:1197623;iid:1197622;iid:1197621;iid:1197620} -> ( iid:1197625) ->
[+]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 225714. stybba00
  • 1custom6{iid:1197625;iid:1197624;iid:1197623;iid:1197622;iid:1197621;iid:1197620} =
  • ( iid:1197625) =
  • iid:1197625
  • Sun Dec 9, 2012 9:09 pm
Kevin Chung
msg tools
mbmb
Source: Red, white, blue, green
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pustilnik
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Source:

Next player:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Swiftness = Move 2, move NW.
Challenge Orc Summoners.
Swiftness + (white die) = Ranged Attack 3.
Battle Versatility = Ranged Attack 1.
Summoners killed, +4 Fame, +1 Reputation.
End of Turn.
Reroll Source: 1custom6{iid:1197625;iid:1197624;iid:1197623;iid:1197622;iid:1197621;iid:1197620} -> ( iid:1197622) ->
[+]
Level Up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 225742. DaviddesJ
  • 1custom6{iid:1197625;iid:1197624;iid:1197623;iid:1197622;iid:1197621;iid:1197620} =
  • ( iid:1197622) =
  • iid:1197622
  • Sun Dec 9, 2012 10:20 pm
Michael Pustilnik
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Rolling for Arythea's skills: (roll 5d10, use the first two distinct numbers, use the order they are printed on the card)
5d10 = (9 + 3 + 2 + 7 + 9) = 30

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 225982. MikePustilnik
  • 5d10 =
  • (9 + 3 + 2 + 7 + 9) =
  • Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:51 pm
Michael Pustilnik
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Motivation (A)
Hot Swordsmanship

Spreadsheet update after Arythea completes her end of turn.
By the way, to avoid displaying that ugly string of characters, when rerolling the source, write any comment into the geek roller comment space.

Edit: Just a suggestion for next time. Please don't edit the previous posts, leave them ugly. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pustilnik
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [9] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.