Pres
Daughter
Blue
Bomber
Martyr
Red
PI
(one buried)

I am playing on Thursday with 9 or 10 (most likely). What are some fun rolesets to try at 9? At 10?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JEREMY JINKERSON
United States
Memphis
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
@10:

President / Bomber
Doctor / Engineer
Red Team / Blue Team
Shy Guys
Frotteur
Prude

President / Bomber
Doctor / Engineer
Red Team / Blue Team
Angels
Devils
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
On Facebook, the designer listed this as good for 9:

Quote:
1.) President
2.) Daughter
3.) Bomber
4.) Martyr
5.) Engineer
6.) Tinkerer
7.) Doctor
8.) Nurse
9.) Any grey (try Hot Potato or Zombie or Traveler)
10.) Any grey (try Private Investigator)
Bury one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Chapman
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
clydeiii wrote:

Quote:
1.) President
2.) Daughter
3.) Bomber
4.) Martyr
5.) Engineer
6.) Tinkerer
7.) Doctor
8.) Nurse
Bury one.

At this point are there any role descriptions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caitlin
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Who took the Bomp from the Bompalompalomp? Who took the Ram from the Ramalamading dong?
mbmbmbmbmb
waitreally wrote:
clydeiii wrote:

Quote:
1.) President
2.) Daughter
3.) Bomber
4.) Martyr
5.) Engineer
6.) Tinkerer
7.) Doctor
8.) Nurse
Bury one.

At this point are there any role descriptions?

The rules are waiting to be approved. The descriptions should be there.

From "Getting the rules":

seanmccoy wrote:
Just a quick update, we are both totally good with posting the rules. I've just uploaded a PDF to BGG, so I'll check in again once it gets approved!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edna Lindebury
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
"I don't flirt. I just say what I want." -JJ
badge
"Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass." -Cordelia
mbmbmbmbmb
Played my first five games tonight! With 17 we had a lot of fun with:

1. President
2. Bomber
3-4. Criminal
5-6. Psychologist
7-8. Immunologist
9. Hot Potato
with 4 vanilla red/blue team members

We weren't sure exactly how the hot potato and criminal would work if revealing to each other. Our ruling was that the hot potato could never be shy so if the two co-revealed, they would switch and the criminal would become shy (as he was the target of the shy-ing in the first place). Also weren't sure on if criminal shying would transfer with the role when switching with the hot potato. Figured it did, but we didn't want to deal with having to whisper to the person that they're shy (as this was our first sitting of the game) so we treated the hot potato as a magical cure for shyness

Fugitives and spies in the same game makes things quite interesting.

With 16 we also enjoyed:

1. President
2. Bomber
3-4. Angel
5-6. Devil
7-8. Paparazzi
9. Intern
10. Rival
with 3 vanilla red/blue team members

Mostly because the paparazzi were causing so much commotion that the blue devil and another blue player were able to trick the red people in our room for the last round into thinking they were on their team (blue actually had the majority). They let them have the leadership until the very end to glean as much info out of them as possible. Funny thing is that the other room had a blue leader for the last two rounds (I knew for the second to last as I was the blue angel and talked the leader into sending me over). Guess they just kept the same leader for a couple of rounds and never actually tried usurping? Or maybe they had grey's siding with them? Either way, pretty funny and a great time overall
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Gerding
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
We weren't sure exactly how the hot potato and criminal would work if revealing to each other. Our ruling was that the hot potato could never be shy so if the two co-revealed, they would switch and the criminal would become shy (as he was the target of the shy-ing in the first place). Also weren't sure on if criminal shying would transfer with the role when switching with the hot potato. Figured it did, but we didn't want to deal with having to whisper to the person that they're shy (as this was our first sitting of the game) so we treated the hot potato as a magical cure for shyness

I love that people are playing our little game! This is SO AWESOME!

So, on the question of Hot Potatoe vs. Criminal:
Powers always happen, simultaneously. So technically, when the CRIMINAL (player A) co-reveals with the HOT POTATO (player B), then playb B becomes shy while player A becomes the HOT POTATO. This means that you would have a shy CRIMINAL (previously a HOT POTATO), and a non-shy HOT POTATO (previously a CRIMINAL).

I hope this helps! Keep the stories, feedback, suggestiosn, and play sessions coming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caitlin
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Who took the Bomp from the Bompalompalomp? Who took the Ram from the Ramalamading dong?
mbmbmbmbmb
Doberman wrote:
I love that people are playing our little game! This is SO AWESOME!

Powers always happen, simultaneously. So technically, when the CRIMINAL (player A) co-reveals with the HOT POTATO (player B), then playb B becomes shy while player A becomes the HOT POTATO. This means that you would have a shy CRIMINAL (previously a HOT POTATO), and a non-shy HOT POTATO (previously a CRIMINAL).

I hope this helps! Keep the stories, feedback, suggestiosn, and play sessions coming.

So, the shyness applies to the player, not the role?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Gerding
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
So, the shyness applies to the player, not the role?

Correct! That is true with all powers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Got to play a few rounds today with 8 players. We tried a "base" game one with just the President and the Bomber, and it was good for teaching, but not terribly interesting.

2nd round we tried:
-President
-Doctor
-2x Blue

-Bomber
-Engineer
-2x Red

It went ok, but I think luck of the initial rooms played a large factor with so few people, rounds, and hostages moving around.

3rd round:
-President
-Daughter
-Identity Thief
-Blue

-Bomber
-Martyr
-Identity Thief
-Red

-Hot Potato

Entertaining, but the swapping roles made things a little weird.

For the general audience, I think having good rolesets at the 6,7,8 player counts is going to be quite important. I know with Resistance, we tend to see the most games at the 5,6,7 player range.

Would love to see other's opinions on the "best" sets for 6,7,8 players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caitlin
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Going over some of my notes from when I played with a 7 player group. I started to write down fun sets:

- President
- Shy Guy
- 2x Blue

- Bomber
- Shy Guy
- 2x Red

That's 8, so we had to bury a card. To make sure the President/Bomber wasn't buried, we shuffled the deck without those two cards first (6 cards), removed a card (5 cards left), then added those two cards in (now 7 cards), shuffled and passed out.

We played the same set twice, and everyone really liked it; I'm not sure what was so fun about it, but everyone agreed it was a good set. We decided to move on to try new roles, though.

Another set that was interesting:

- President
- Doctor
- 1x Blue

- Bomber
- Engineer
- 1x Red

- Zombie

I was the President, and by the time I had found the Doctor, he was already a Zombie.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
nolemonplease wrote:
Going over some of my notes from when I played with a 7 player group. I started to write down fun sets:

- President
- Shy Guy
- 2x Blue

- Bomber
- Shy Guy
- 2x Red

That's 8, so we had to bury a card. To make sure the President/Bomber wasn't buried, we shuffled the deck without those two cards first (6 cards), removed a card (5 cards left), then added those two cards in (now 7 cards), shuffled and passed out.

We played the same set twice, and everyone really liked it; I'm not sure what was so fun about it, but everyone agreed it was a good set. We decided to move on to try new roles, though.

- President
- Doctor
- 1x Blue

- Bomber
- Engineer
- 1x Red

- Zombie

I was the President, and by the time I had found the Doctor, he was already a Zombie.
Why not just play with Daughter and Martyr in place of the Regular Blue and Regular Red?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alabaster
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
clydeiii wrote:
nolemonplease wrote:

- President
- Shy Guy
- 2x Blue

- Bomber
- Shy Guy
- 2x Red

- President
- Doctor
- 1x Blue

- Bomber
- Engineer
- 1x Red

- Zombie

Why not just play with Daughter and Martyr in place of the Regular Blue and Regular Red?

I was a little confused at first as to why the daughter and martyr existed at all, and why we couldn't just always do it Caitlin's way, but I think using the daughter and Martyr usually works a little better.
In a smaller game, the daughter/martyr add more suspense and interaction for most people, because you've got a role that probably has no effect, but MIGHT be important. It can affect the strategies of the whole room...
But then you add the zombie! Zombies will pretty much always win if everyone thinks they might be special and need to coreveal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caitlin
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
clydeiii wrote:
nolemonplease wrote:

- President
- Shy Guy
- 2x Blue

- Bomber
- Shy Guy
- 2x Red

- President
- Doctor
- 1x Blue

- Bomber
- Engineer
- 1x Red

- Zombie

Erm, I don't know why we didn't do that. My notes were very vague, but that seems like it would make more sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent Emme
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Holy shit, rebuilding your games collection is expensive!
badge
Phelanpt Feb 11, 2:15 PM: evils have mostly stood by and watch goods fall. except for emme. she's spinning them round and round.
mbmbmbmbmb
My guess is you didn't include the President's Daughter/Martyr cards because they would dilute the deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edna Lindebury
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
"I don't flirt. I just say what I want." -JJ
badge
"Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass." -Cordelia
mbmbmbmbmb
Doberman wrote:

Thanks for your help! I actually had another rules question posted in its own thread about the zombie. If you could check that out as well, I'd certainly appreciate it! meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Gerding
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
ErintheRed wrote:

Thanks for your help! I actually had another rules question posted in its own thread about the zombie. If you could check that out as well, I'd certainly appreciate it! meeple

No problem! Thanks for playing. However, I'm having trouble locating your other question about the Zombie. Maybe the following will answer your questions:

-When a Zombie team member reveals (co or color) to another player, that player keeps their powers, but their allegiance changes to team Zombie. This means that Blue Team still wins if the Zombie President wins. Red Team still wins if their Zombie bomber explodes the President (whether Zombie or not). If the President/Bomber doesn't co-reveal with the Doctor/Engineer by the end of the game, the Blue/Red team still lose, regardless of Zombie affiliation.

-If everyone is a Zombie, it is a guaranteed win for all players. As a Zombie, try convincing everyone of this. It can be fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.