Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Russell
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We played a game of this last Saturday using a friends German version. While we were setting up, we noticed that the picture of preparing the deck of stock cards showed six cards on the bottom. In the English rules, there are only three groups of cards, top six without a dividend card, 18 stock shuffled with one dividend and three dividends shuffled with the remainder.

Was this a deliberate change? Any thoughts on which way is "better?"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like ther German ones better. Of course, every time I set up a deck, I end up with two of the Vertang's next to each other. I shuffle the heck out of them, but they find each other.

Prevents a bit of card counting, and adds some uncertainty as to which six stocks won't be in the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Hasegawa
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, the german instructions on AMIGO-spiel don't show 6 cards going to the bottom...

Though I do agree that that might make things interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat T
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got this in the mail today!!! Hurray. I have been laying it out and reading the rules translation that Funagain sent with the game. In my translation, there are definitally 6 cards on the bottom that won't get used in the game.

My German is non-existant, so I don't know if that is in my German rules. There is also no accreditation of who did the translation, but it does refer to diagrams in the 'real' rule book.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Hasegawa
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Weird - I got home and checked, and sure enough, my german version has the six cards at the bottom. They must have done a revision of the rules since the new versions on their website (in the various languages) do not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Simons
United Kingdom
Royal Wootton Bassett
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
qzhdad wrote:
Was this a deliberate change? Any thoughts on which way is "better?"

Well I think each way has its merits, but I have to say I prefer pulling out the six at the start of the game to go under. Placing six cards under guarantees the last wertung will always come out before all shares are issued.

Not doing it this way means the wertung could be the last card and this could induce some gamey plays towards the endgame; with one or two card s remaining everybody will know what one of them is and opt for laying down shares with no risk whatsoever.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.