Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Mayes
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I purchased this during the black Friday special and just received it in the mail today through UPS. Super excited to open this up! I will try and post pictures soon. Box looks really nice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
United States
Plainfield
ILLINOIS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am happy two but the box is so full my game box is split in three of the four corners. I am going to contact TMG and I am sure they will something about it...not worried but damn is this a heavy game...bursting at the seems.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy hammond
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
got mine

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Mayes
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow there's so much stuff inside this box! Really happy with the quality of everything, it looks amazing. Just read through the rule book, it's really well written and easy to understand. I think our first game should go pretty smoothly, and I can't wait!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got mine today as well...my 8 year old son was quite impressed with the amount of cardboard inside...and enjoyed punching them all out

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave K
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Love 'em even if a few games get scuttled from time to time.
badge
Meow.
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed, tons of stuff in the box! Great cardboard-to-dollar ratio here!

My box has one damaged corner but I can live with that. Haven't played it yet but hope to soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jestin Jund
United States
Sioux Falls
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kind of bummed I didn't get my copy just yet and I have not received a shipping notification. Hopefully it will show up later today. I ordered just hours after the announcement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Pskowski
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy came yesterday. After hearing about issues with damaged boxes and seeing the packaging I was worried but mine came out ok. I do think that they might want to include a little more packing material.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Sandico
Philippines
Pasig City
NCR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy arrived yesterday. At least, my box is undamaged.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steven riola

joliet
Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine arrived yesterday. Punched, read through the rule book twice. Ready for game night.
Amazing amount of stuff in the box. One of the best deals ive gotten in a while.
Thanks TMG!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac LaRue
United States
Shavertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine arrived yesterday, box was fine. It weighs a ton.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Ashton
United States
Elmhurst
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got mine too. Box arrived undamaged, lots of great stuff in it, as everyone has said! Production was definitely top-notch on this one. The rules are well-organized and written. I'm excited to play it this weekend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roni Worley
United States
Cedar Rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got mine too.

I found myself closely comparing both sides of the board to see what the difference was before I went to the instruction book and found this:

Note: Due to the material, the game board may slightly warp. This happens due to differences in temperature, like when the game board lies on a cool surface and a warm lamp or the sun shines on top of it. In this case, flip the board to the other side (both sides are identical).

My first thought when seeing that the components packed higher than the edges of the insert was that the board would probably end up warping a bit. I do wish that the board was on a thicker board, but at least they thought enough about the potential warping issue to make it double sided.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Bueschel
United States
Huntley
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Received my copy yesterday as well. There was a small dent in the side but nothing worth noting. I was surprised at the heft of game itself. I can use it for curling

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwight Sullivan
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
Shall we play a game?
badge
Shall we play a game?
mbmbmbmbmb
Torgie wrote:
Got mine too.

I found myself closely comparing both sides of the board to see what the difference was before I went to the instruction book and found this:

Note: Due to the material, the game board may slightly warp. This happens due to differences in temperature, like when the game board lies on a cool surface and a warm lamp or the sun shines on top of it. In this case, flip the board to the other side (both sides are identical).

My first thought when seeing that the components packed higher than the edges of the insert was that the board would probably end up warping a bit. I do wish that the board was on a thicker board, but at least they thought enough about the potential warping issue to make it double sided.

I was worried about this too. To get the board to sit flat, inside the box, I put some pieces on top of the board:

I bagged all the pieces into separate bags by type. IE silver coins in a bag, gold coins, chapels and so on.

Then I load the box from the bottom up:
Noble Titles and screen parts and cards go on the bottom.

Then I add in bags of stuff until the pile is level with the cardboard insert.

Then I add the board and rules. Then I add the remaining bags of stuff and the bag of lands on top.

One cool thing about the board. If you play with the "Top" of the board face down, meaning play on the "bottom". The seem of the two parts is very hard to see.

I call the "top" the side where you can see the seem. I figure that is where it was stamped in two parts.

Good Luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Ortiz
United States
Clifton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got mine today & I gotta agree everything in the box looks really great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
United States
Plainfield
ILLINOIS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well as I suggested TMG contacted me right away and said they would take care of the box. Normally, I would not care but I was worried about carrying the game around and having all the parts spill out...there are a ton of parts!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Beasi
United States
Easthampton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got mine on Tuesday and played it last night. It went over very well at my game night. Looking forward to my next play!

I chucked the insert so everything would fit back in the box better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rik Van Horn
United States
Livonia
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got mine today with no problems at all. It was well packed in a sturdy box with many foam peanuts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Bronswijk
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is possible to put all parts into the box keeping the tray. Just put the titles into the smaller part and the screen parts into the bigger part of the tray first, that should help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kosit Phanthanusorn
United States
Canoga Park
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got mine in California today. So excited!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario De Super
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Received my copy in California today. Also very excited!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.