Popular Tags: [View All]
Brandon Clarke
New Zealand
Auckland
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Brother Sean and the fat-handed Cyclops of Titirangi came over to my place for some gameage last night. The fat handed greedy one almost had to be reminded how to play games it's been so long.

My flatmate Baum had two mates, Kate and Marcus arrive from Germany on Monday morning. We started by playing Jungle-Speed with them. A great way to start, except that Brother Sean won, but that couldn't be helped. The Germans were too jetlagged to face learning Ra, so the three brothers played Ra. As with all good games of Ra it was close. We all ended on 5 pharaohs. My 25 points of monuments were not enough to catch me up though and the weak greedy one eased past Brother Sean for a win 34 - 32 - 35 (I think)...

Then we played Tigris & Euphrates and what a classic game it was. Greedy Dan in his time honoured fashion pondered long and hard, and then set about being an aggressive little B@st@rd... The early game was quite even, but then Sean played a masterful turn, setting up a 3 way external conflict in which he Dan and I fought the first two fights, neither of which panned out quite how Sean anticipated (All good for me), and then he fought Dan in Blue... he was 4 - 1 up and added no blue tiles...

Dan pondered. He furrowed his brow. He agonised. He fossicked his tiles, and pondered some more, then laid down 3 blue tiles... MUCH to Sean's dismay!

..and a few turns later when Sean reached for a Disaster tile to erode Dan's blue strength I commented "no, don't waste a disaster tile I have still have HEAPS of blue, it's all I am picking up..." Sean put his diaster tile down, did something else and left it up to me.

I joined again and laid my 4 blue tiles down, and again Dan pondered, fossicked, smiled slyly at the camera's and laid down another 3 blue tiles to smite me, and ran off laughing!

So the game continued. It was quite tight in the mid game, with some good struggles over the red/black monument, and Sean winning some critical big external fights. Near the end Dan and I both had a lot of blue points and it was clear that that was the colour Sean was lacking. He set up a final show down, and joined two kingdoms to set up a blue fight between himself and Dan.

Dan looked at the board. He counted.

Sean baited him and said "Come on... make sure you fossick your tiles behind your screen as if you have 3 more blue tiles..."

Dan pondered dramatically. He fossicked. He cracked and grinned and played the ultimate bluff, reaching for tiles, and then casually saying "No, not this time..."

Then he laid down 3 more blue tiles!!!!

Sean held his head in both hands and said "I JUST DON'T BELIEVE IT!!!"

Classic gaming moment.

For the record the game ended:

BC 11 - 11 - 11 - 12
Sean 10 - 11 - 11 - 16
Dan 6 - 7 - 9 - 11 (or something like that)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.