Mark O'Reilly
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hi,
Are a lot of people going to the effort of painting the gears?, if so, any tips?
is it better to use a brush, or spray?
thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Christiansen
United States
Mount Pleasant
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
OOK! OOK! OOK!
mbmbmbmbmb
Brush. I brown-washed and then painted numbers white.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark O'Reilly
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks Neil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoshi
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a video on this now. Haven't watched it myself, but will soon, is it not good or did you just miss it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Horabin
United Kingdom
Hounslow
Middlesex
flag msg tools
badge
Spearmint - A Different Lifetime
mbmbmbmbmb
there's this incredible effort at the following link;

http://vimeo.com/53139363

if you do yours half as good as this one then i'll send you mine to do!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Smith
United Kingdom
Pimlico
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
neilhora wrote:

When I saw the topic I wondered why anyone would want to do this, then I watched that video and understood.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Flamehearted wrote:
When I saw the topic I wondered why anyone would want to do this, then I watched that video and understood.

This!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick McElveen
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Mmmmmm..... Beer. Glug glug glug....
mbmbmbmbmb
Ugh. Seeing this thread and that video just cost me 10 hours of labor and $30 for painting supplies...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nickmcelveen wrote:
Ugh. Seeing this thread and that video just cost me 10 hours of labor and $30 for painting supplies...

Yes, that's a lot of effort for one set of gears. It'd be a lot more efficient if you did two sets. I'd be willing to take one off your hands. That's just the kind of guy I am.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Clarke
United Kingdom
Caithness
Scotland
flag msg tools
Judging by the photographic evidence, the gear painting efforts of this community have been 100% successful, with highly impressive results right across the board.

I have never achieved such perfection with my artistic and model making efforts, so I am apprehensive about my gear painting project which is yet to take place. I am therefore wondering whether there have been any un-published gear painting disasters? Perhaps the paint ran or spilled over the board; basically you just wish you'd never attempted it. I hope not, but if so, please share your misery with us. Bring us your wisdom after the event, and help us novices learn from your despair.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark O'Reilly
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Highland Cow wrote:
Judging by the photographic evidence, the gear painting efforts of this community have been 100% successful, with highly impressive results right across the board.

I have never achieved such perfection with my artistic and model making efforts, so I am apprehensive about my gear painting project which is yet to take place. I am therefore wondering whether there have been any un-published gear painting disasters? Perhaps the paint ran or spilled over the board; basically you just wish you'd never attempted it. I hope not, but if so, please share your misery with us. Bring us your wisdom after the event, and help us novices learn from your despair.

James , paint the gears OFF the board, use a brush. make sure completely dry before subsequent coats, or fixing to the board.
Do not paint the edges of gears, just the top.
i have finished mine yesterday, simple colors, but i love the result, very bright and glossy , just like the game board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Nickell
United States
Bothell
WA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That video was AWESOME! When I get my copy I so want to paint the cogs

Flamehearted wrote:
neilhora wrote:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.